Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    We'll Always Have Paris - Table of Contents
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We'll Always Have Paris - Table of Contents
 Login/Join

posted
As far as I can tell, no one has posted the table of contents of the new RB collection yet, so here goes:

Introduction: Watching and Writing xi
Massinello Pietro 1
The Visit 15
The Twilight Greens 23
The Murder 31
When the Bough Breaks 41
We’ll Always Have Paris 47
Ma Perkins Comes to Stay 55
Doubles 77
Pater Caninus 81
Arrival and Departure 89
Last Laughs 103
Pieta Summer 109
Fly Away Home 121
Un-Pillow Talk 135
Come Away with Me 143
Apple-Core Baltimore 157
The Reincarnate 163
Remembrance, Ohio 179
If Paths Must Cross Again 189
Miss Appletree and I 195
A Literary Encounter 201
America 205

Any comments? I'm pleased to see "The Reincarnate" in this book, because I spotted it in a 2005 anthology, and I was very tempted to buy it just for the Bradbury story, but now I'm pleased I didn't. My guess is that all or most of these are resuscitated old stories again, unless anyone can enlighten me.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
Pater Caninus
Pieta Summer

Pater Caninus is a delightful story. I've always liked Golden Retrievers.

Pieta Summer was inspired by the statue, Father Electrico, that is currently being created (see thread elsewhere). (Dough Spaulding is working on a documentary about the pieta.)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Pieta Summer was inspired by the statue, Father Electrico, that is currently being created (see thread elsewhere). (Dough Spaulding is working on a documentary about the pieta.)

Saturday over lunch, I told Ray that I just got my copy of We'll Always Have Paris. Knowing that afterwards I was going over to the studio to shoot some footage of Chris sculpting Fr Electrico, Ray said to tell him that "my new book has a story inspired by the statue."

I said I would, and I did.

Dough?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Dough?

I'm not sure if I'm channeling Homer Simpson or just like pastry.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I'm not sure if I'm channeling Homer Simpson or just like pastry.

D'oh!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got my note from Amazon that my order shipped, so I hope to have it in a few days. Foreward or afterword by Ray? Is it a cover he did artwork on?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it yesterday. "Ma Perkins Comes to Stay" was fun. I picked it at random and enjoyed it. Pretty good Bradbury dialog. In a way, a ridiculous story (in the sense that what is going on is not possibe) yet you're pulled into the story, a conflicted, cold marriage; cool conversation, minimal narrative, a kind of quietly scary unfolding. Not too bad at all.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just got my note from Amazon that my order shipped

You're lucky one. I'll have it only in March! Alas, Bradbury's books are not being sold in digital form.

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
Just got my note from Amazon that my order shipped, so I hope to have it in a few days. Foreward or afterword by Ray? Is it a cover he did artwork on?

Alas, it is not the cover art he wanted.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Attached is a photo of Mr. B holding a copy of We'll Always Have Paris.

John King Tarpinian

ImageWAHP.jpg (186 Kb, 19 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Barnes and Nobel had one copy. I was pleasantly surprised to see it on the shelf!

I do know that the story "Massinello Pietro" was previously published in Connoisseur's World, April 1964. I had managed to trade for a copy of this story some years back.

After checking, it is the same story.

The liner notes to We'll Always Have Paris state that this is "a new collection of never-before-published stories"

perhaps there are some more previously published stories in here, renamed... perhaps? regardless, i can't wait to dig in!!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JKT, can I please use your photo on the site raybradbury.ru to announce the book?

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pavel Gubarev:
JKT, can I please use your photo on the site raybradbury.ru to announce the book?

Yes.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
JOHN (jkt): Out of curiosity, when did you take that photo of Ray with a copy of '...Paris" book? Ray, in Irvine. California couple weeks ago, wouldn't let his copy out of his sight or his grip.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
JOHN (jkt): Out of curiosity, when did you take that photo of Ray with a copy of '...Paris" book? Ray, in Irvine. California couple weeks ago, wouldn't let his copy out of his sight or his grip.

We had 100 copies sitting on a table so he felt more secure. Besides, we all know that things tend to vanish when behind the Orange Curtain. Wink

John King Tarpinian