Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    R∂Y ∂NSWERS II
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

R∂Y ∂NSWERS II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
Since the airlines is nearly out of the question, along with trains, that giant modern, comfortable, luxurious motorhome to take Ray Bradbury to New York is Perfect! Now that's something his publisher Harper/Collins should step up to the plate to provide!

Here's another way for Ray to pick up his Pulitzer. Jules Verne would approve:
Click here for pic

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about a motorhome with Something Wicked This Way Comes painted across the front or sides and the titles of all Mr. Bradbury's books or book covers painted randomly all over the motorhome. NOW that would be a site pulling into New York or any city along the way. The media would have a field day with this event. I think.

David B Smith

Posts: 12 | Location: Utica,MI,USA | Registered: 03 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you've got a point David.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HARPER-COLLINS is too cheap to put up any money to fund a Motorhome crossing of the US, much less costs of promoting Bradbury books with screened art blazened about the giant vehicle. Once they made their cash from Bradbury books, you think for one moment they're going to fund anything in ways of getting the master-story teller to New York? Heavens! Think of the meetings needed, the red tape involved. Heck! That's just too much to ask the execs at HC knocking those dollars into the pockets on their 'pool table'.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope you can handle one more thank-you Nard, for your hard work. Your labor of love is truly appreciated. All the insightful questions, and answers, are fascinating to read.

More, after the Award?!

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Thanks for getting our questions answered, and look forward to those questions that went unanswered but may still get answered.
And the motorhome idea? That would likely be the only way Bradbury could make the trip, considering reading about the fragile condition he is in. Maybe there is a fan out there willing to offer their rolling masterpiece to carry the man and his prize!

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, what became of the answers to the other questions? I know mine didn't get answered and I was among the first to post.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II:
What happened was that Ray forgot I was coming, and had people coming in at the same time from a bookstore with books to be signed. That made things a bit lopsided, tho I should have been relaxed since I knew the people. I have never interviewed Ray before with others present! [Years back in Fullerton, California, an interview kept getting interrrupted by those connected with his appearing at the College campus,, but that was in the beginning of the interview, and afterwards, it went well]. In this, maybe it was: Interview-audience fright?

In the meanwhile, I intend to put together all the questions that were not asked (including yours) and present them to Ray later. Not much more I can add at this time. Also, some of the questions got scattered, even into other postings. Yow!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, old chum.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic:
The Hindenburg size ship...maybe! But the cabin in this one is no larger than a Volkswagen. Also, you ever see how this thing goes up into the air: nose first!

ravenswake:
Don't plan to do this again. But may get those unanswered questions answered after the Awards.

RBFAN 57:
The Luxury-Motorhome idea is the best, I think. I sincerely recon that Harper-Collins could nicely promote their company as well as deliver, via round-trip, Ray to New York and back home. But it takes some smart thinking guys at the Harper-Collins board to impliment such a thing.

====
On another subject...
... went to see Spider-man last evening, and THAT is amazing! Not a Spider-man fan, but boy this one got everyone glued to their seat ALL the way thru the movie. Myself included! Stan Lee, co-creator of Spider-man has a cameo [talking to Peter Parker on a New York street corner)..and Steve Ditko, the left-out-in-the-cold-financially-co-creator has a character named in his honor: Ditkovich...tho I didn't catch who THAT character was. Was it Peter Parker's landlord?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:

... went to see Spider-man last evening, and THAT is amazing! Not a Spider-man fan, but boy this one got everyone glued to their seat ALL the way thru the movie.

Interesting. I heard negative reviews from Siskel & Ebert & Roeper & Guest-of-the-week, and decided to put it off until it comes to the three dollar cinema.

I am a Spiderman fan!

You say it's pretty good, eh?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:

Here's my review of Richard Roeper: "BBBAAAHHH!"

•I don't care for his reviews.

•They are shallow, ego-centered, and flippant.

•I take what he says with less than 1/4 grain of salt.

Who picks his guests? I don't watch the show anymore except if I happened to come across it, and don't listen much to the banter except to see the film clips. Roger Ebert had a very liberal view of things, but he had a sense about him. And with Siskel, they were a genuine match. So unfortunate their illnesses and the death of Gene Siskel. Film critic Michael Medved has a much better batting average for intelligent comments and reviews of films.

I thought the film was a BLAST! Whatta you want here? Macbeth?

posted Hide Post
Flippant is a good word!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
While all those kiddies were standing in line to see spidee, I saw Fracture. Great move, very well done and thoroughly enjoyable, it will keep you guessing. Hopkins is the greatest.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
Hopkins is the greatest.

I would concur with that. I think he's one of the three greatest living actors working today.

Who are the other two?

"Live Forever!"