Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Is A Democrat/Republican?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Is A Democrat/Republican?
 Login/Join

posted
I just re read Fahrenheit 451 the other day, and thought about how relevant it is during these politically turbulent times. I know that Ray both ran an ad in Variety in 1952 after Eisenhower (R) beat Stevenson (D) voicing his dissatisfaction, and he also was a major opponet of Joe McCarthy. I also know he was upset that Michael Moore's film satirically used the title of his book, but where does he currently stand politically?

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles/New York | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last year at Comic-con he said that if you think you are a Republican or a Democrat, you better think again. I took it to mean that we should always think for ourselves, and not just mindlessly identify ourselves with one group or another. On that basis, I would say he is neither.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He considers himself an independent.

Posts: 103 | Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it matter?

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exactly...
Does it matter? No.
Ray belongs to the Universal Party. He's probably one of the founding members...

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't everything matter?

Think about that?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray liked Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger when he ran for Governor of California. Ray was by Gene McCarthy's side in an effort to get him elected. I supposed Ray admires those that make the most sense to him at the time...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark,
I don’t think they meant it in exactly the way you do but I agree with what you say. Meanwhile we should all be careful to “stay on the path” or chance stepping on something that doesn’t matter.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He recently said this:

"I hate all politics. I don't like either political party. One should not belong to them -- one should be an individual, standing in the middle. Anyone that belongs to a party stops thinking."

That's exactly why I'm an Independent (who wants to see Ron Paul President!).

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a flip flopper!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh no - pick the person not the party. Paul is a moderate, independent, libertarian-minded person. Exactly what we need!

It's all about the Constitution.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm voting for him, not expecting he'll win, but to vote my conscience.
Like I did with Alan Keyes.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job!

I'm hoping that when the Republicans don't nominate him (which they won't), that he'll do a Ross Perot and run as an independent - he has a huge internet following.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Ray likely met lots of Republicans and Democrats last night, including a few Independents. You see he went to his class high-school reunion.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post