Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Minor in Perspective, Major in Hypocrisy

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minor in Perspective, Major in Hypocrisy
 Login/Join

posted
Ray, take your medication. Your rant sounded rather silly coming from an author with the tiniest sliver of talent as compared with Franz Kafka, George Orwell or Aldous Huxley.

--------------------------------
Update: Brian Dear comes up with examples of Bradbury's works that take titles from other authors, from "Something Wicked This Way Comes" to "I Sing the Body Electric" to "The Women."

Bradbury goes nuts over Fahrenheit 9/11 title
Ray Bradbury has ripped into Michael Moore, calling him an "asshole" for "stealing" the title for Fahrenheit 9/11 from Bradbury's novel Fahrenheit 451. Yeesh. You'd think that someone who's worked all his life in a genre where practically everyone has written a book or story called "Nightfall" would have figured out by now that there's no copyright in title, period, end of story. God, I hate it when my literary heroes turn out to have feet of clay. This is even worse than the time that he dismissed the Internet as a scam and compared MMOs to pinball machines.

"[Moore] is a horrible human being � horrible human!"

When asked if he agrees with Moore's political positions, Bradbury replied, "That has nothing to do with it. He copied my title; that is what happened. That has nothing to do with my political opinions."

Posts: 1 | Registered: 26 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isaac Asimov wrote "Nightfall." Who else used that title?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really new to these boards, but I am embarassed to think that Mr.Bradbury had such readers and people who admired him. They appear to be false friends.

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect most of them are merely posing as old Bradbury fans in order to lend "credibility" to what they're saying. Given the fact that they simply regurgitate excerpts from web sites and "news" sources, they are not honestly investigating the story. This is one of the most overblown "events" I've ever seen on these pages. Bradbury is not censoring anyone. He's upset that Moore is using his title to promote propaganda.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, personally, don't care if Bradbury is right or wrong in all this (I do have an opinion, but that's all it is, my opinion); it doesn't detract from the wonderful books and stories he's written. And that, also, is my opinion.

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post