Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Research

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Research
 Login/Join

posted
I'm doing a pretty big research project on Ray Bradbury, and I am supposed to think up a thesis statement that can link his writings and general lifestyles together. I have been thinking of what it could be, but I have been having trouble thinking a good one up. My main problem is I don't know very much about Ray's normal life. Can anyone help submit a few tidbits of info to help me think up a thesis? Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have come to the right place. See the many well informed comments offered by the likes of Dandelion, Flyboy, Douglas, Lance, Uncle, and many others in this site.

Also read the topics "At Home with Ray" & "Biography of Ray Bradbury" offered at the opening of this web site. Listen and view especially the clips with Mr. Bradbury in his personal library. Great insights and personable.

As for his "normal life" - you are more likely to come away with a feel for his "amazing life." Since his childhood in Illinois to to his present status as one of American's greatest and most prolific authors, Mr. Bradbury has maintained a pace far beyond the legal speed limit. Good for him!

Selecting a thesis statement may prove to be the most challenging part of your project! Good luck and I am sure contributors at this site will be glad to assist if needed.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lacool, I have a suggestion, go to your local library. Check out as many collections of his stories from the oldest to the most current, and pick one story from each concecutive collection. Then after digesting that, react in a paragraph to what you have read. It will keep you up for nights reading, but it might give you an inkling of Mr Bradburys' take off of normal life. He percieves ideas, and nails them down with a typewriter immeadiatly, so read and react, then maybe you will have your personal thesis statement.
Good Luck reading only one story from each collection...

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 01-26-2002).]

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks guys, you really helped me out! I'll be sure to check those things right away. This will be sure to help me get a good grade.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post