Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray's Trip to Washington D.C.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's Trip to Washington D.C.
 Login/Join

posted
I spoke with Ray Saturday morning (Nov. 20) and he said that he had just returned from Washington D.C. He said that he was so happy that he as able to take his four daughters with him as well his biographer Sam Weller and several others for the presentation of the National Medal of the Arts by President and First Lady Bush.

Although previously quoted in the Washington Post as Wednesday "being the greatest day of my life," Ray reiterated that it was a wonderful experience.

He also stated that many of the White House staff were fans of his and he liked the way they fussed over him. I told him that I was so happy for him to be so recognized and he thanked me for calling.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post