Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Middle Name

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Middle Name
 Login/Join

posted
Well I was wondering does Ray Bradbury happen to have a middle name. If so can someone tell me what it is so that I can use it in my book report.
Thanks

Posts: 5 | Location: Rockford, Illinois, United States | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe its Raymond Douglas Bradbury.

Posts: 194 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that explains alot, doesnt it? DOUGLAS Spaulding.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And wasn't Spaulding the maiden name of Ray's mother?

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Ray's 'teacher" and great friend, Leigh Brackett's middle name was..... Douglass ('glass' instead of 'glas').
Leigh Douglass Brackett

see: http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/brackett.htm

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
>>And wasn't Spaulding the maiden name of Ray's mother?

As far as I know, her maiden name was Moberg. You can find this name in "The big black and white game". In this story somebody Moberg is also Swedish.

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray's full name: Ray Douglas Bradbury

No Raymond, despite what some printed sources will say, only Ray.

Middle name Douglas, so named by his mother after the actor Douglas Fairbanks.

Spaulding was his father's middle name, so without looking I would say his father's mother's maiden name--not Ray's mother's maiden name, which was, indeed, Moberg.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank all of you for the help. Ray Bradbury truely is an insperation. I first got interested in him because of his short story "The Pedestrian" (No underline). Anyway thanks for all the help.

Posts: 5 | Location: Rockford, Illinois, United States | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post