Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Halloween Tree at Disneyland

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Halloween Tree at Disneyland
 Login/Join

posted
I have gone there at least a million times since February, and just came across it today. I know I went by it at least a million times. Seeing it was one of the highlights of my day there. I did take some photos and put them on Facebook. Crappy ones, because some kid took forever to read the plaque. We have passes, so I'll more than likely take better photos earlier in the day.

I *AM* big... it's the pictures that got small! - Norma Desmond

Posts: 18 | Location: Former Navy and Navy wife, I've lived everywhere! | Registered: 31 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LadyStrange:
I did take some photos and put them on Facebook.

What's the link? I'm a FBer.

quote:
Crappy ones, because some kid took forever to read the plaque.

Laughing out loud!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have photos, somewhere, from year before last. I guess I should share?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your best bet is to go on the morning of a bright but overcast day. You want to get there before the morning haze is burned away by the afternoon sun. The angle of that plaque combined with the black background and highly-reflective plexiglass cover makes it very, very hard to get clean, reflection-free photos.

It's still worth the trouble, of course, with all that Mugnaini artwork on the plaque. Smiler

--
jJ

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

What's the link? I'm a FBer.

http://www.facebook.com/home.p...=126592&id=504606314 I think I made it available for everyone, even though my profile is private. *shrug*

Posts: 18 | Location: Former Navy and Navy wife, I've lived everywhere! | Registered: 31 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Laughing out loud!

Not funny really... the kid was a total punk. He KNEW I was fixin' to take photos, but insisted on standing there. *le sigh*

posted Hide Post
quote:
Not funny really... the kid was a total punk. He KNEW I was fixin' to take photos, but insisted on standing there. *le sigh*

No, what was funny was that you said "because some kid took forever to read the plaque." It just struck me as funny.

Also "le sigh". I didn't even know you were French.

I friended you.

Friended is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No, what was funny was that you said "because some kid took forever to read the plaque." It just struck me as funny.
I suppose it WAS funny since it was a short read. I think the le sigh was from Pepe LePew, but am a bit French.
Also "le sigh". I didn't even know you were French.

I friended you.

Friended is a good word.