Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Upcoming Appearances???
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming Appearances???
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
ravenswake,

what did Ray say about Rod Serling? Come to think of it, does Sam Weller's book reveal anything about the Bradbury-Serling dispute which has been discussed on these boards in the past?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, don't leave us in suspense! I'd LOVE to know what he said regarding Rod Serling--which is said to be discussed at length in the book--which I don't have yet.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic, dandelion, my copy of Mr. Weller's book just arrived in yesterday's mail--it's worth every dime. Regarding Rod Serling and the Twilight Zone, Ray's radio response, though more abbreviated, mirrors what's in the book.

Ever trying to be helpful, I went to coasttocoast.com and found they do have past shows, including the one with Ray, and they will stream them to you for a $7.00/mo. fee. I did email Mr. Noory a thank you for interviewing Ray.

Not wanting to be a spoiler, yet still wanting to respond--I never realized Ray was that involved with the genesis of the Twilight Zone.
TZ is covered thoroughly, and in context.

Finally, Mr. Weller's book is a fan's dream. His enthusiasm for his subject matter powers his words. I'm still reading, and loving it.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second your thoughts, Ravenswake. However, I caution those who have read, or are reading, Sam's book to really temper their comments on the board so as to not spoil it for those who have not had the good fortune of obtaining a copy.

Someone's comments yesterday about some really personal material I thought was out of hand. Let's use common courtesy on this matter.

But, Ravenswake, I am sure that, like me, you've had a hard time putting the book down.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had word yesterday from Amazon that my copy of Sam's book is finally on its way. Funny that books still take a couple of weeks to cross the Atlantic. I'll finally be able to read it for myself!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil,

It will definately be worth the wait, although I know how you must feel. Sam has done a fantastic job of putting it all together and with a very readable style. I honestly had trouble putting it down and was up until 3:00 AM finishing it, then felt withdrawal symptoms. Now I want to find Sam's other works and read them.

Say, Phil, do you live anywhere near Kent?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumping this up as several people have started new threads on the same topic.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post