Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Upcoming Appearances???
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming Appearances???
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I believe Ray will be signing at noon this Sunday, 1/23/2005 at the Barnes and Noble at 160 S. Westlake Blvd., Thousand Oaks, CA 91362. Call 805-446-2820 to confirm.

Posts: 10 | Location: Oakland, CA USA | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went there to see him and enjoyed it immensely. His voice was strong and his gaze steady. Apparently his daughter works there at the Barnes and Noble, so that is the connection.

He spoke glowingly of Ray Harryhausen, his longtime friend, who coincidentally I went to see 3 hours later in Burbank as he was promoting his new DVD.

What a day!

quote:
Originally posted by jrichman:
I believe Ray will be signing at noon this Sunday, 1/23/2005 at the Barnes and Noble at 160 S. Westlake Blvd., Thousand Oaks, CA 91362. Call 805-446-2820 to confirm.

[This message has been edited by Bill Powers (edited 01-26-2005).]

Posts: 6 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by estearns:
Ray will be appearing in his hometown of Waukegan, Illinois April 17, 2005. I don't have all the details at this time, but will post the information as soon as it becomes available.

I have some bad news. Ray's appearance in Waukegan in April of 2005 had to be cancelled.

Posts: 2 | Location: Waukegan, IL 60085 | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray wrote a nice, but brief, foreward in:

RAY HARRYHOUSEN: AN ANIMATED LIFE. By Ray Harryhausen and Tony Dalton. Billboard Books, NY. 2003.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found out that Ray will be coming here to Bakersfield on February 28- doing a talk on 451 for the One Book program.
I have wanted to meet him for over 20 years, so I'm very excited- and very nervous!
I wonder how many books he would sign if I brought them in? (ooh, musn't be greedy)
I wonder, too, if he would mind photos-

Posts: 28 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too, wonder if he'll be allowing photos. I'm suppose to write an article on the event for my school newspaper and I'm trying to figure out who I should contact. Any advice?

Posts: 1 | Location: Notgiven,CA,USA | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can speak only for my own experience. When I visited him, he did not want photos taken in his home (of him, and I didn't ask if it was okay to photograph anything else without him in the picture--as a result, no inside pictures) but did allow them in public. He asked, "How many ya got?" (posters) after signing about 45 books! So if a large number of people is there I'd narrow it down to two or three favorites AT MOST!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ANY SIGNINGS IN tx
ANY THING

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray's doctors demand he stay locally, that is to say, around Los Angeles.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any news on the March 16th appearance?

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groon: March 16th? I forgot. Where was that supposed to be? In your area? (Southern CA)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray will be on Coast to Coast AM tomorrow night. Check your area listing for station availability. You can also listen via live stream by 740 KTRH out of Houston:

http://www.ktrh.com/main.html

Here is the link:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2005/04/11.html

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmph, beat me to it. According to my source, this show airs at different times in different areas, usually starting from 10pm-midnight. Somebody please tape this. Marc Scott Zicree, author of "The Twilight Zone Companion," will also appear. Should be interesting.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray's segment should be from 10:00-11:00 Pacific time.

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been gone from here for a couple days; hadn't seen this notice, or I'd have rigged something up to tape the interview. A friend called me at work at 12:10am cst and told me to turn on my radio to am 1200. Fortunately, I was able to hear most of the interview through the am crackles and snaps--Ray sounded absolutely wonderful, vibrant. He spoke about Mars, Rod Serling, The Pedestrian and F451, writing, and much more. The call sign of 1200am was WOAI, San Antonio, running the Coast to Coast AM show. Well worth listening to if it's saved somewhere. Turns out too that I was probably listening to signal skip, since I haven't been able to hear that station again, so far. "No coincidences!?"

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post