Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Something Wicked This Way Comes HELP

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something Wicked This Way Comes HELP
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all, i've read the book it's great! Only one prob... my teacher gave a assignment.. 2 questions....

1. " Explain how the title to the main theme of the novel. Give 2 reasons "

2. "Suggest an alternative title and explain your choice"

Plz hlp me.. I need all the help I can get.. ok well good-day to everyone! Bye for now

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The title comes from a line by William Shakespeare (in HAMLET, I believe). "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

" Explain how the title to the main theme of the novel. Give 2 reasons "

You may want to repost this, since it makes no sense. How the title WHAT to the main theme of the novel? "relates"?

Posts: 29 | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, it was MACBETH, not HAMLET. My mistake.

Posts: 29 | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Macbeth the three witches serve up some tantalizing and promising predictions for Macbeth's success. The predictions are fulfilled in terrible and disastrous ways. In Mr. Dark's carnival the "gifts" are also delivered in the most terrible and disastrous ways.

Posts: 10 | Location: Genesee, ID, USA | Registered: 18 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post