Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    HELP! looking for a quote!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP! looking for a quote!
 Login/Join

posted
hey, i need to find a quote to put in a story i am writing... it is in Something Wicked This Way Comes and it is when he is talking about 3 o'clock and the meaning of it... like most ppl die around this time
PLEASE HELP!!!! thanks so so much!!!!! email me if you need to...
LaurenLeigh2006@hotmail.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Pgh, PA USA | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A haunting passage: at the end of Chapter 14.
"The doctors say the body's at the lowest tide. The soul is out. The blood moves slow. You're nearest to death." (& more worth reading...)

"And wasn't it true, had he read it somewhere, more people die in hospitals at 3 a.m. than any other time....?"

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 12-09-2002).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp::::: Is this Web Site somewhere in Chapter 14.... or is it the Holidays??? Or are we just plain ol' busy connecting with all the links available...?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NK: yes a sense of 3:00 a.m. on the site lately! Maybe it is the cold snap that has set in - at least where I live (NY along Can. border). Just the 1st week of Dec. and already 3 days of -10F temps. Brrr. Yesterday, all bundled up, I took our sons (4 + 6) snowshoeing and sledding. Too cold to build a snowman as we had originally planned.

Hopefully though, everyone is out getting into the Real Spirit of this joyous season.

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe nobody has any homework due soon...oh, that was mean. A friend called the other day and says he loves this message board except for all the kids seeking homework help!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No lack of interest here. Just end-of-semester projects due, lining up work for the short term, year-end stuff due, reading in multiple fields, etc. I have printed out a few topics I want to respond to, but just haven't had time to sit down with them.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post