Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What's the history of this site,, i.e who first started and when as would be interest

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the history of this site,, i.e who first started and when as would be interest
 Login/Join

posted
hi, was meaning to ask this a while ago, but got side tracked, I couldn't find info and though would be interesting to know the origins and nuiences and how long has it been around etc??
i've been reading brabury since the 1980's when liverpool had lots of old book shops, bands and record shops too,, but no internet or mobile/texting or sky tv,.. guess i miss the simpler older days and ways,, thou there's been good inventions I often have to question just cause it's shiny and bright it's not always right or good !!
Talking of mobiles etc those who know Ray, does he have a mobile and if not, does he like them ?? just wondering !

Posts: 67 | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The official whois information for raybradbury.com shows that the domain name was first registered in 1997. I'm not sure when the message board started, but a quick skim through the member's directory shows some people registered in 2001.

As far as I can make out with a bit of searching, the first post was by Greg Miller in October 2001:

https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...961053372#8961053372

As dandelion is head moderator, she might know more about the origins of the board.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, curious, I searched my RB Site "jump off the cliff" date - November 2001!!

I'm now wondering what was the message...some searching is due (...sort of like "Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl")

It is interesting to go back and see the fine folks who have jump aboard the RB's Mid-Night Locomotive...

http://literature2008.webs.com/thedragonvideo.htm

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Phil, curious, I searched my RB Site "jump off the cliff" date - November 2001!!...

fjp, you must have had a different screen name in 2001, as you've only been fjp451 since 2005!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, once again your transoceanic astutiveness confounds me...
https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...1093901/m/8961083372

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post