Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    making connections: Edward Abbey

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

making connections: Edward Abbey
 Login/Join

posted
So here are two authors that I like and will soon be writing a research paper on. I know they are not too similar, but does there happen to be anybody here who also reads Ed Abbey?

Posts: 14 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 24 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is interesting that you would link these two authors together, as Mr. Bradbury and Mr. Abbey are my two favorite authors, and the two who's books I actively collect.

As for a similar style, theme, or perspective, I think both writers share a mutual zest for life, and realistic view of man's foibles. Good luck....

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks. that's interesting. even though these similarities you stated seem true, they apply to the authors in very different ways...on face value, they seem totally different. perhaps they are similar in theme but different in style/approach/attitude? Bradbury seems more optimistic. Abbey takes a very deep-ecologist environmental perspective. Yet they both talk about the impact of technology on society...in their own ways.
Would you say there are more similarities or differences? or, which are more important?

Posts: 14 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 24 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post