Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Profile of Terry Pace/Pillar of Fire

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Profile of Terry Pace/Pillar of Fire
 Login/Join

posted
Has this been posted before? I haven't noticed it. It's Terry Pace talking about Pillar of Fire stage productions:

http://leftinalabama.com/diary...erformed-in-florence

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been mentioned before but is worth mentioning again. The Falling Upward play is delightful. Makes you feel as if you are Irish. If you live anywhere in the South you should go see this play.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Phil! Thanks, John!

Our FALLING UPWARD production has been a sensational success. Here's a link to the event page attached to the Pillar of Fire page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158334190887619

I'm also attaching our poster art, designed by George "E-gor" Chastain.

Let the blarney begin!

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

This message has been edited. Last edited by: William Lantry,

ImageFALLING_UPWARD_Poster_Art.jpg (143 Kb, 14 downloads)

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful! Is that a bottle of absinthe, or just green Irish whiskey.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the poster art!

Alas, exigencies! Frowner

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Tales and Images!

Very Ironically...
Here are a couple of other bottles (of Vintage Dandelion Wine) sent to Mr. Bradbury last week (with many other kindnesses from students in my Honors English course):

Metaphors conjured from Dandelion Wine ~
http://gouverneurcentralschool...images/dwPoster2.jpg

Original student stories (episodes) inspired by reading the novel ~
http://gouverneurcentralschool.../images/dwPoster.jpg

(Approximately 4'x2' - poster work front / back, suitable for mobile display)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That second one looks like Dandelion CHAMPAGNE, fjp!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, friends! Here are the posters for our first two BRADBURY 90 productions, THE MACHINERIES OF JOY ...

Terry Pace

ImageMachineries_of_Joy.jpg (101 Kb, 8 downloads)

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... and THE OCTOBER COUNTRY, all three designed by George "E=gor" Chastain. Our FALLING UPWARD production was a tremendous triumph. For details, visit our Pillar of Fire page on Facebook!

Terry Pace

ImageOctober_Country_Poster_Art.jpg (154 Kb, 8 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Here's a link to a newspaper story previewing our production:

http://www.timesdaily.com/arti...es-from-an-Irish-pub

... and to our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/...Fire/102351536487983

Terry Pace

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
Great article!

Truly sorry I've missed out, but...excegencies...

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I don't say it, Doug will...

Excegencies is a... good... word?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
If I don't say it, Doug will... Excegencies is a... good... word?

I would have said it, but I've just returned home from spending the last eighteen hours with the sculptor filming! We picked up the bronzed pieces from the sand-blaster and now are set to begin welding! Photos to come!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...I've just returned home from spending the last eighteen hours with the sculptor filming!...

That's a lot of footages (as one of my students used to say).

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
That's a lot of footages (as one of my students used to say).

As I was finishing up the final shot, the camera flashed the message "change battery pack". It was good that I was done, as I didn't have another battery pack!

"Live Forever!"