Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    help me please!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help me please!
 Login/Join

posted
i am trying to do an ap book report on Fahrenheit 451 .. can someone please help me find a site or anything that explains the afterword and coda? thank you so much!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Er, the afterword and coda are pretty straightforward, aren't they? They mean pretty much what they say, and provide an excellent commentary on the story and how Bradbury feels about it. I'd look for the 50th anniversary edition for additional commentary by Bradbury and see what he has to say about post 9/11 America. You might be surprised.

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you so much .. i really appreciate all of your help Smiler

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over at the Adventure Books Store we just came up with something called The Ultimate Mars Calendar. They have been literally flying off the shelf over there.

At Adventure Books homepage we have a section dedicated especially to Ray. A lot of our work is as a result of reading his work, and others, when we were a lot younger. Check the Inspirations page.

I recently completed (after 2 long years and three edits) a Mars novel called 'The 13th Day of Christmas.' If you are interested in learning more about it, just go to Adventure Books and check the Coming Soon page and watch the slideshow... Cool

Our very best thanks to Ray for all his inspiration!
Robert and Gayla

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about a tech "Q" ?
When I try to edit on this RB site (or also try to open a News item linked to a main page), I get a lightning quick, split second open to that command. Then it disappears, not available to me on my computer. Thus, no edit capabilities nor linked path to the info of interest.

I can edit on the old site with no problem. I can open attached links listed by posters here and there. It is just some sites included on a main location that causes difficulties. A spelling or wording faux pas must here must remain for lack of access via that little eraser on the Ticonderoga #2 pencil icon that would otherwise help clean things up.

It must be a command that is out of sorts within my station. Any advice from our on board techers? Thanks.
f

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If someone wants to start a new thread, good.

If they want to keep this the "help of all kinds" thread, also good.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post