Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "I SING BRADBURY ELECTRIC"... A LOVING, PERSONAL REMEMBRANCE

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"I SING BRADBURY ELECTRIC"... A LOVING, PERSONAL REMEMBRANCE
 Login/Join

posted
Countless luminaries far more eloquent than I have written their own published tributes to Ray. Here is mine...

http://www.americanmusicpreser...dburyRemembrance.htm

Steve Vertlieb

Posts: 47 | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be in Los Angeles from Thursday, August 23rd until Labor Day. On my calendar, both at work and in my kitchen, is a hopeful notation for Saturday afternoon, August 25th, at one o'clock. It simply says "BRADBURY." That was to have been the date and time of my next visit with Ray at his house. Now it will never be. I will, however, be having lunch while out there with Ray's daughter, Zee. Sigh!

Steve

posted Hide Post
Steve,

Such a eloquent and thoroughly beautiful remembrance of dearest Ray! Thank you so much for writing this with such pure love and for sharing it with us!

And when you see Zee, please tell her how much we love and appreciate not only her wonderful father's memory but her whole family -- for all the help and loving patience they showed him for all his life.

I know I speak for many of us when I say that Ray's passing feels more like a death in my own family. It's a passing in OUR family -- in the family that we all share through Ray! It feels remarkably as if we have all lost a precious second father or third grandfather in that special family tree of all those whose lives were touched and forever brightened by that saintly bear of a gentleman, that immortal Peter Pan from the City of Angels by way of Green Town! He will Live Forever in our hearts!

You have inspired me into sputtering and spouting poetic. Thank you, Steve!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Langford,

Posts: 43 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your kindness, Mike. Your own singular eloquence sincerely touched me. I will be happy to let Zee know how deeply you...we...and I adored her wonderful father.

Steve

posted Hide Post
a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man, thank you!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was an honor to call Ray my friend for nearly forty years, and it's equally an honor to share these memories with his many friends here at the forum.

Steve