Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Does Ray Bradbury Know Dean Koontz?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Ray Bradbury Know Dean Koontz?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm a big fan of Ray, and have exchanged letters and cards with him ever since we met at a book signing at the University of Maryland in 1993.

I know this question is a little out of the ordinary, but does anyone know if Ray knows Dean Koontz? One of my former co-workers has a grandson with the condition Osteogenesis Imperfecta ("Brittle Bone Disease"), and one of Koontz's characters in his novel "Forever Odd" has the same affliction. My co-worker thought that Mr. Koontz could be invited to speak at the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation's convention in March 2008.

I'm posting this on the Board because, if possible, I don't want to bother Mr. Bradbury, given how he's so busy already (even though he's always been generous in responding to me and my wife). Obviously, it makes sense to try and contact Mr. Koontz through his website and/or publishers, and I'm pursuing that, too, but I thought I'd check all avenues. I'm also checking on the availability of M. Night Shyamalan, since his film "Unbreakable" mentions the disease so prominently.

Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

--Marcus Wyche

Posts: 3 | Registered: 07 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the question? Are you trying to find out how to reach Dean Koontz thru Bradbury? Or do you have a specific question for Ray? Koontz should not be hard to find. He lives in Orange County, CA.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reaching Mr. Koontz through Bradbury would be good...my thinking is that it might be better for me to mention Koontz to Ray (if Ray knows him) rather than "cold calling" Mr. Koontz. Or would it just be better to contact Mr. Koontz through the P.O. Box listed at the end of his books?

posted Hide Post
Marcus, even if Ray did know Koontz, I am not sure that would do any good as concerns with Ray's health and his daily activities may preclude him from such communication.

I could call and ask Ray if he knows Dean Koontz, but even I, after having had Ray's phone number for so many years, do not bother him much.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you do a search, you may be able to find Dean Koontz online phone number, etc.
He lives in Newport Beach, California.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marcus Wyche:
Or would it just be better to contact Mr. Koontz through the P.O. Box listed at the end of his books?

I would say that this would be the best idea. Presumably that is precisely why Mr Koontz gives that address.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you to everyone for your comments. My co-worker will attempt to try and reach Mr. Koontz.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving Holiday!!

Marcus

P.S. BTW, biplane--I hear you about the phone number. When I met Ray in 1993, I was given his phone number, but since then I know how precious Ray's time is, and so I write him instead.