Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Green Town

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Green Town
 Login/Join

posted
To celebrate the imminent release of Farewell Summer I thought I would do a little comparison of Green Town and Waukegan. The results, with maps, can be found on my website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good on you, Phil!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good on you, Phil?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, you guys have confused me now.

Is it '!' ?
Or is it '?' ?

!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was merely questioning the thought. I am wondering if Braling II meant to say "Good for you, Phil!" as it seems to make more sense than "Good on you, Phil!" which might be a colloquialism in "thar parts" where Braling II lives.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sundance, maybe literally, "Good from you, Phil!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops. Sorry, fellas.
That should've been "!" not "?".
Threw my back out the other day, and I guess it must be affecting my phalanges.
Just cheering Phil on, is all.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 103 | Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and I guess it must be affecting my phalanges.

Phalanges is a good word!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Walloon:
More on Ray Bradbury's Waukegan here.

Thanks, Walloon, I knew there was an old thread on this somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

- Phil