Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Blogging Bradbury
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blogging Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
Any opposing views to that out there?

He's an Independent (or possibly an independent).

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the "Coda" reference and RB's own perspectives:
http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/451/451.html

Doug, "independent" is a good word!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. When did this come out? Absolutely top-notch! And something that should be read by Jr. High and High School students. (there are a couple of typos that need attention, though)

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BII, "Coda" was originally an afterword to a 1979-ish re-issue of F451. It's appeared in various places since then as a standalone essay. I'm pretty sure it's in Zen and the Art of Writing or one of those other essay collections.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BrII, this is in the copies we use in class:
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n29/n146629.jpg

When we are crossing the river with GM, the reading of the Coda is done specifically and discussed. Compositions students did with finals on F451 were handed back today. Result: very pleasing!

(I, too, notice that site's typos, SD!)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another update. Please drop by - click link below!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Summers are very useful for catching up on stuff. Such as updating my website! Click on the link below for the latest updates, including a revision to my "short story finder" and new pages about MATCH TO FLAME and other books.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Superlative work on your site, Phil. I'm impressed!

- Tink

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So am I! There's more on its way. More extensive reviews of the Alfred Hitchcock episodes, better coverage of last year's short film version of The Small Assassin, a page on Somewhere a Band is Playing. That's if I can fit it all into my remaining week's holiday. Watch this space.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Updated again - this time with info on The Small Assassin. Click on the link below!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
And another update: this time I have a review of The Halloween Tree (audio production); further detail on the Scottish production of SWTWC; and more.

Click the link below!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
The Scottish National Theatre/Catherine Wheels stage production of Something Wicked This Way Comes previews in Glasgow tonight.

Now's your chance to see Scotland!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Och aye the noo!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Pray translate - I don't speak a word of Scottish!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Me either!

- Phil