Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Blogging Bradbury
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blogging Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Hey guys, this Blogging Bradbury thread was mine! And now you're turning it into Orange Crop II!

I tried to tell them!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
People who have had the tops of their skulls removed during a brain operation, are awake, and have electrical stem placed on different portions of their brain, review in super great clarity moments of their lives they have forgotten.

Unfortunately, the "past lives" don't add up historically.

Are there really 20 Helen of Troy reincarnations walking around at once?

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Parade magazine has an interesting article on the forgetting of things.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NICO! Whoa! Don't get me wrong here. I mean "life" not plural 'lives'... I mean re-experiencing something in their life. I have no notion of multiple lives.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=RayBradburyChannel

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[Post deleted by philnic!]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
NICO! Whoa! Don't get me wrong here. I mean "life" not plural 'lives'... I mean re-experiencing something in their life. I have no notion of multiple lives.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=RayBradburyChannel

Oh, I see. My mistake.

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I asked if patrask knew of any photos of Venice rollercoaster in ruins (and later edited the post and somehow deleted the text by mistake. Oops!)

Anyhoo, I did some searching myself and found some pics of Venice's prime and decline (although no actual photos of the rollercoaster in ruins). See my website for details!

Anyhoo is a good word.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PHIL: I pulled this one as well off the internet. Says it's a Long Beach, California roller-coaster. Well, that's putting it in the proximity of Bradbury's area, and Long Beach is...on the Pacific Ocean. However, it looks more like the time Ray was a boy, 1920's 30's, other than when the event actually occured, likely late 1940's.

ImageLongBeachRollerCoaster.jpg (57 Kb, 14 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was said of James Cagney that he was what he seemed. For those who know Bradbury, how does Bradbury fare to this? Is he what he seems to be?

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp451. Those media links say nothing.

posted Hide Post
On the contrary. A picture is worth a thousand words!

There are many on board who will attest to Mr. B's sincerity, kindness, purpose, and character. He calls it like it is even as he enjoys his octogenarian approach to things. See the Coda in F451 (Delray edition). He stands by what he says and writes.

On a personal front, he has always taken great efforts (so kindly) to respond to students' letters and appreciations over the years. The sites I offered (as many here will recognize) reveal his spirit - from youth to elder literary statesman - still is burning bright!

(Though, others here who have frequent social exchanges with Mr. B, could, I am sure, explain it more adequately than I.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is exactly as he appears - I have yet to meet a more genuine person in Hollywood, except perhaps Uncle 4E.

How he appears at public speeches is the same as he is whilst visiting with you in his home; a sweet man who truly cares about all those folks whom he has inspired (lots!).

Nice collection of photos, by the way.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
From what I read, I think Ray Bradbury is as politically unpartisan as you can get. So that makes him neither Republican, Democrat, or Independent. Any opposing views to that out there?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
From what I read, I think Ray Bradbury is as politically unpartisan as you can get. So that makes him neither Republican, Democrat, or Independent. Any opposing views to that out there?

'Tswat I have heard.