Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury's drawings

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury's drawings
 Login/Join

posted
I read somewhere, because unfortunately I don't have any book signed by him, that Bradury always draws something when he signs a book at least to his friends, is this true?

Posts: 30 | Location: Portugal | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blue bottle:
I read somewhere, because unfortunately I don't have any book signed by him, that Bradury always draws something when he signs a book at least to his friends, is this true?

Yes, depending on the situation he will do a doodle. When he signs Something Wicked he has been known to make his signature look like the style of the title.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
he will sign his name and date, but if you ask he will draw a doodle for you.

i have a lovely little dinosaur in my copy of Dinosaur Tales.

btw: William F. Nolan likes to doodle too!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have at least one (or more) of these with his name: cat, spider, pumpkin, dinosaur, strange face, dandelion, whales, and a smiling man in a crescent moon - that I can recall as I post.

My honor to have such images and kind notes included.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post