Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Leviathan '99 ~ New Easton Press Book

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leviathan '99 ~ New Easton Press Book
 Login/Join

posted
I believe that Easton Press has released Leviathan '99. It almost slipped my mind. I'll be calling them tomorrow to order my copy.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you mean the screenplay, JKT?

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Easton Press signed leather bound edition is the separate publication of Ray's novella, LEVIATHAN 99, not the screenplay. That novella first appeared last year in Morrow's trade edition of NOW AND FOREVER, which contained both SOMEWHERE A BAND IS PLAYING and LEVIATHAN 99. (Gauntlet Press last year a separate signed, limited edition of SOMEWHERE A BAND IS PLAYING).

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
The Easton Press signed leather bound edition is the separate publication of Ray's novella, LEVIATHAN 99, not the screenplay. That novella first appeared last year in Morrow's trade edition of NOW AND FOREVER, which contained both SOMEWHERE A BAND IS PLAYING and LEVIATHAN 99. (Gauntlet Press last year a separate signed, limited edition of SOMEWHERE A BAND IS PLAYING).

Nico,

Yes, what Richard said.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have to call to get this. I just looked and couldn't find it under signed editions.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gguthrie:
Do you have to call to get this. I just looked and couldn't find it under signed editions.

You have to either have an account with Easton or know somebody who is to order this special First Edition. Sorry, that I did not make that clear earlier.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Aha, I just talked to them and it's part of the Science Fiction Signed First Edition series. Which I just quit about a month ago. So luckily I was able to order it.

Thank you for the heads up!

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:

Nico,

Yes, what Richard said.

Oh, I see. I was confused because I bought Now and Forever last year.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My copy of LEVIATHAN '99 arrived today. Yippee. The cover is well done with a nice single page piece of art inside. Imagine Cape Canaveral of the future with flamingos flying by and the cone of the spaceship shaped like a harpoon. Cool actually.

It is signed by Mr. B with a certificate that is again signed by the master and witnessed by his daughter and finally signed by the publisher.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
John, pray tell, if you will, what did this edition set you back?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
John, pray tell, if you will, what did this edition set you back?

This book is from their limited pre-signed editions so it was a bit more than their standard prices, $72 plus my soul. Red Face

As with the Disney DVD of The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit, you have to either be a member of the specific club or know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy to get this.

My book is #339 of 1000. This is the first Easton limited edition I've gotten that actually has the print-run defined.

John King Tarpinian