Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Contents of PS Publishing collections
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contents of PS Publishing collections
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
We read our books on trains and buses. In the winter months we wear gloves. We fumble. We tear and lose. It's chilly over here!

One could always take the dust jacket OFF before riding on a common carrier. Smiler

It was only 23 degrees Celcius here yesterday. I actually wore a long sleeve shirt again.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's how we lose the jacket!

23 celsius? Cor blimey, it's so cold over here at the moment that I can't even get the interior of the house up to 23C - and that's with the central heating on full blast. (My little weather station shows that it's 1.8C outside at the moment.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's how we lose the jacket!

23 celsius? Cor blimey, it's so cold over here at the moment that I can't even get the interior of the house up to 23C - and that's with the central heating on full blast. (My little weather station shows that it's 1.8C outside at the moment.)

No wonder you will not travel up North to Scotland.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We read our books on trains and buses. In the winter months we wear gloves. We fumble. We tear and lose. It's chilly over here!

Ahhh...

A helpful hint: I always remove the jacket from the book and leave it in its place on the shelf before taking the book off somewhere to read - even the living room.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I can't even get the interior of the house up to 23C - and that's with the central heating on full blast.

I never turn on the central heating here on the coast. Or the air conditioning for that. I just leave the windows open year-round!

Sorry.

Common carrier is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic:

Over here in the colonies we call the type of binding that PS has done with 'Dandelion' and now with 'Rains' is a library binding.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...I always remove the jacket from the book and leave it in its place on the shelf before taking the book off somewhere to read - even the living room...

But, Doug, what about the dust? What about the DUST?!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I just leave the windows open year-round!...

I'll bear that in mind next time I'm in California and in need of a 42-inch plasma, Blu-Ray player and Macbook. Could you let me know when you're going to be out?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
...I always remove the jacket from the book and leave it in its place on the shelf before taking the book off somewhere to read - even the living room...

But, Doug, what about the dust? What about the DUST?!

One uses a BrodART cover to protect from dust...

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll bear that in mind next time I'm in California and in need of a 42-inch plasma, Blu-Ray player and Macbook. Could you let me know when you're going to be out?

I'll send you my schedule (pronounced shed-yule).

All my windows are on the second or third floor, so bring your climbing shoes!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
...All my windows are on the second or third floor, so bring your climbing shoes!

D'oh!

Wait a minute, US second floor = British first floor. Not so high up after all...

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...One uses a BrodART cover to protect from dust...

There speaks a true librarian!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Any info on the Stephen King intro??? I can only find the regular "Dandelion Wine" and it would be nice to see what my 2nd favorite author wrote about my 1st favorite author!!!!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 21 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, no dust jackets? Is this just with the trade edition. Like with Dandelion Wine the slipcased edition had both the dust jacket art and the art on the actual boards. Did anyone get the limited slipcased one yet? Geoff? Wish I could've afforded the slipcased one but the price was just too steep

Phil

Posts: 8 | Registered: 19 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nt07077:
Does anyone who has the PS publication think they can scan and post the intro by Stephen King? Thanks.

Here are the SK pages, one at a time.

"Live Forever!"

ImageSK1.jpg (265 Kb, 10 downloads)