Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Concern about endorsement of violence against females & children
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Concern about endorsement of violence against females & children
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I'd say if Keith Walker needs to worry about something, worry about what ever happened to Michael Jackson's brain, his physical brain that is. Will it be with him at the ceremony at Forest Lawn today? Is someone keeping Michael Jackson's brain in a desk drawer under lock and key? Or is it simply on a platter near someone's computer? Now those are things to worry about.

For those that missed the news, Jackson's brain was removed in the first autopsy. And was not allowed to be given to those involved in the second autopsy. My take: you'll see it on ebay. Now THAT is something to worry about.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of akin to "The Jar". What would Bradbury do with this as a story base?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what Bradbury would do, but if people thought they could make another buck off Michael, they'd keep his brain to clone him from.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr Walker,
I am convinces that you are playing a joke on us. No one who has read or known Mr. B would ever think that he did not love all humans

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewbaker:
Mr Walker,
I am convinces that you are playing a joke on us...

Seems likely, given that Mr Walker posted, then replied to his own post, then replied to his own reply... apparently waiting, hoping, that other folks would rise to the bait.

What's that expression? "Do not feed the trolls."

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl!!??

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
quote:
The lines need to be removed because they horrify the classes studying the novel.

Who are you teaching?

Canadians.

A Canadian chimes in: horrified! Wink

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skmckee:
A Canadian chimes in: horrified! Wink

Those nutty Canadians! Smiler

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tink above wrote: For political lunacy, I recommend "THE LANGUAGE POLICE: HOW PRESSURE GROUPS RESTRICT WHAT STUDENTS LEARN" by Diane Ravitch.

Tink, Daine Ravitch also wrote this recent article, "The Obsession With Testing Is Nuts." Here in Los Angeles much has been reported on Value Added Data to rate teachers.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post