Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Something Wicked This Way Comes

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something Wicked This Way Comes
 Login/Join

posted
I'm having trouble finding worthwhile reviews and documents about "Something Wicked." I'm writing an analysis paper and my teach demands many many resources. I get tons on The Martian Chronicals and Farenheight 451, but Something Wicked is being elusive. If you have any links or references that might help please let me know! Email: gixi22@yahoo.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Tyler, TX, USA | Registered: 17 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to tell you that Its a great book and we are reading it in my class the best chapter is number31. Also I would like to say I love Tyler, TX.

Posts: 24 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tyler don't be silly. say something useful.

Big Brother is always watching-Dr. T.J. Eckleburg out!

Posts: 5 | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Epsco Host. I found a review on it. Not really, but I'm sure there are some on it

Posts: 12 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a first time reader of Ray Bradbury and the book is Something Wicked This Way Comes. I am finding it fascinating but I would like to ask one question. What is the significance of Jack after the first 25 chapters? I like the character and I think he is interesting, but between chapter 25-35, Jack seems unimportant. Does Mr. Bradbury do something interesting later on or does Jack just become less important.

Ray Rules

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that you should try Spark Notes or some kind of supplementary notes. They help you get the whole picture of the book and not just the way you might interpet what you read.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ebsco host is a great place to start. There is a lot of good information on there.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.galenet.galegroup.com is also another good place for supplimentary materials. its pretty much just like ebsco host

Posts: 23 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would try classic notes or some site such as that. I think that if you put in a search engine that you want notes on "SWTWC" then you should be able to obtain a few sites. Good Luck!

Posts: 15 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a similar project. If memory serves two of Bradbury's biographies, Ray Bradbury by Wayne L. Johnson and Modern Critical Views: Ray Bradbury, have some small bits of critical analysis. Sadly I find there are few good sources on this wondrous book, good luck to us both.

"Pure genius. How could you possibly fail to take over the world with a box full of truffles?"

Posts: 1 | Location: Somewhere between genius and insanity | Registered: 19 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post