Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Looking for peer reviewed articles on "A sound of thunder"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for peer reviewed articles on "A sound of thunder"
 Login/Join

posted
I have searched various databases and have failed to find my professor's required number of peer reviewed journal articles based on A sound of thunder. I need 8 total and have managed to find 2... I love the story and choose it to be my focus of my final paper. I couldn't believe it when My professor responded with "I can't wait to see where you go with your paper, Your the first student I have had that has choosen this story" Now I know why everyone before me has gone with shorts that are on the peer review beaten path lol. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance...
Nick

NICK

Posts: 1 | Registered: 16 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Nick,

I'm doing a PhD on Bradbury, and have presented a conference paper on aspects of "A Sound of Thunder". (It hasn't been published in a peer-reviewed journal, however.)

Naturally, I have done some extensive literature searching and I have to say that you may not be successful in finding journal articles on the story. Scholarly BOOKS is a different matter - I would point you to David Mogen's book which I think is just called RAY BRADBURY; Eller and Touponce's THE LIFE OF FICTION; and possibly the Greenberg & Olander book also called RAY BRADBURY.

My top tip: look at the references/bibliography in Eller & Touponce - you may find something listed there that you can then look up. (A substantial amount of Eller & Touponce's THE LIFE OF FICTION is available to view on Google Books, here.)

Otherwise, your best friend in this quest will be Google Scholar.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post