Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Upcoming Event

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming Event
 Login/Join

posted
It appears that Ray will be honored and present at the Warner Grand Theatre for a double showing of two of his best films:

Sun Jan 24 Ray Bradbury honors Williams Bookstore's 100th Anniversary
2 p.m. double feature: Something Wicked This Way Comes and
The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit (RB on stage at WGT)

Warner Grand Theatre, 478 W. 6th Street, San Pedro http://warnergrand.org
click on "tickets" or "brochures" or choose listing UNDER "schedule"
Tix sometimes at Williams Bookstore, 443 West 6th Street, SP, 310 832-3631
Note - shows at "Grand Annex" are listed with more information at the
ticket link page provided - this is NOT the Warner Grand Theatre!!

I attended a presentation at this beautiful theatre previously of SWTWC and was
impressed by the event, with both Ray and Ray Harryhausen in attendance.

Go if you can.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post. Wish I could make it!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. B has confirmed for this event. Please note that it is on SATURDAY the 24th. Thanks to patrask for posting about this event.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Video. Ray references Mr Mayor, who previously spoke.

I'm working on the photos.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I'm working on the photos.

Photos.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pandemonium Press
An Irregular Publication of
RAY BRADBURY’S
PANDEMONIUM THEATRE COMPANY
Celebrating its
47th ANNIVERSARY YEAR!

Issue No. 53 January/February 2010

THE PLAY’S THE THING

RAY BRADBURY’S WISDOM (1916)
(World Premiere on January 16 ) - plus
RAY BRADBURY’S 2116 - A New Musical

RAY BRADBURY’S WISDOM (1916) is a world-premiere engagement, a new play by Ray Bradbury. An elderly man with not long to live visits his beloved grown grandson and his companion one wintry night to impart the memories of a special friendship he made during one magical summer of long ago. But the better part of wisdom is what is left unsaid.
Joshua Hime, Lauchlin MacDonald and Michael Prichard star. Alan Neal Hubbs directs.
RAY BRADBURY’S 2116 is a new musical of a long-married husband and wife who arrange separately, without each other’s knowledge, to purchase android replicas of their younger selves as gifts to their spouses. Unintended consequences ensue and both learn about themselves and the way life works in this comedic tale. This engagement marks the official World Premiere, with its shorter title 2116.
The cast includes David Stoneman, Rob Harryman, Lisa Morrice, Jessie McLean, Steve Josephson, Sarah Mann, Samantha Marcella, Christine Reese, Andrew Ruesch, Anthony Scarano and Monica Thibodeaux. Music by John Hoke, Choreography and Direction by Steve Josephson.
Both productions Produced by Ray Bradbury and Racquel Lehrman, Theatre Planners, and presented by Ray Bradbury’s Pandemonium Theatre Company and Gallimaufry Performing Arts.
Fremont Centre Theatre
1000 Fremont Ave. (at El Centro)
South Pasadena, CA 91030
Abundant free parking behind the theatre.
Close to the Mission St. Station of the Metrolink Gold Line.

Opening Night: Saturday, January 16, 2010
Closing Night: Saturday, February 27, 2010
Performances: Friday and Saturday at 8 pm. Sunday at 3 pm.
Admission: $20 Seniors: $15 Students: $10
Reservations and information: (323) 960-4451
Online ticketing: www.Plays411.com/raybradbury

. . . excerpted from the Press Releases by Philip Sokoloff (showbizphil@sbcglobal.net)

® ® ®

RAY AROUND TOWN

Thursday, January 21

Ray will be lecturing and signing books at the Venice Library, 401 So.Venice Blvd., Venice 90291. For additional information, contact the Library at 310-821-1769.

Wednesday, December 9

Ray speaks to Book Fair Audience:

LA SHINES AT MEXICAN BOOK FAIR
excerpted from an article by Reed Johnson, December 9, 2009, The LA Times

In the course of last week’s Guadalajara International Book Fair, two metropolises with growing cultural and intellectual ties discovered there was more to each other than Hollywood movies or agave-distilled spirits.

This year, the nine-day fair named Los Angeles as its guest of honor, the first time that the recognition has been bestowed upon a single city. Attempting to live up to L.A.’s top-of –the-marquee billing, a large California delegation of writers, performers and political officials, including Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, descended on the city. The Los Angeles pavilion, designed by L.A.-based architects John Friedman and Alice Kimm, drew praise from the locals for its sleek, futuristic appearance.

Laura Niembro, the fair’s events coordinator, said that for many Mexican attendees, the highlight of the week was being able to meet and talk with authors and artists face to face. That was perhaps most evident during a live videoconference homage to sci-fi/fantasy writer Ray Bradbury. In a tribute to the author of Fahrenheit 451, modern technology beamed Bradbury’s animated presence onto a large screen in a conference center salon. “It was very emotional to see 500 people standing to applaud a screen,” Neimbro said.

RAY IN PRINT

Ray’s story “Juggernaut” appears in the September/October 2009 issue of THE SATURDAY EVENING POST.

“Something Musical This Way Comes – At Long Last,” by Mike Boehm in LOS ANGELES TIMES, December 13, 2009. The story of how Ray’s 50-year-old musical play, Merry Christmas 2116, was finally produced.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Has this been posted?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Has this been posted?

It has now!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
It has now!

I meant earlier!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I think John and I both posted it. I didn't see it till last week, but I believe John either sent me the link or posted it here closer to the time it actually ran.

Happy New Year to All!

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post