Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    movie poster for a new adaptation of fahrenheit 451

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

movie poster for a new adaptation of fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted
Hi..I was given a project at school..(graphic design student by the way) in which I am supposed to design a contemporary movie poster which would supposedly be a new adaptation of the book Fahrenheit 451. Although I have some rough idea sketches for the supposed movie poster, I could not come up with an original, creative idea for the poster, that’s why, I turn to you for your urgent, bright ideas. The main thing I should be focusing on, in the movie poster is I believe, a fireman’s search for knowledge and enlightment in order to destroy the unquestioning ignorance, whose once duty was to destroy knowledge and promote ignorance by burning books. Also the underground group who memorizes the books in order to pass them to the future generations can be an important key factor to the success of the poster.
I don’t want to use any clichés which correspond to the visuals in the book which come to our minds immediately such as a a fireman burning books, books on fire, I should come up with a more original idea by using our own creative solutions.
Wat would your idea be for the move poster of a contemporary adaptation of Fahrenheit 451? Any help is appreciated. Thanks..

Posts: 4 | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cu:
Hi..I was given a project at school..(graphic design student by the way) in which I am supposed to design a contemporary movie poster which would supposedly be a new adaptation of the book Fahrenheit 451. Although I have some rough idea sketches for the supposed movie poster, I could not come up with an original, creative idea for the poster, that’s why, I turn to you for your urgent, bright ideas. The main thing I should be focusing on, in the movie poster is I believe, a fireman’s search for knowledge and enlightment in order to destroy the unquestioning ignorance, whose once duty was to destroy knowledge and promote ignorance by burning books. Also the underground group who memorizes the books in order to pass them to the future generations can be an important key factor to the success of the poster.
I don’t want to use any clichés which correspond to the visuals in the book which come to our minds immediately such as a a fireman burning books, books on fire, I should come up with a more original idea by using our own creative solutions.
Wat would your idea be for the move poster of a contemporary adaptation of Fahrenheit 451? Any help is appreciated. Thanks..

Is your approach going to be taken from the book or from a potential movie script?

You could go with a contemperory salamander.

The last ten minutes of the original movie is one of the best on film. You could go with something from that.

The shell became the iPOD of today. We have one of the first references, if not the first, that is now called Reality TV. Not to mention the flat panel TV.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the immediate response..It's gonna be a poster of the movie whose script is taken from the book..

Posts: 4 | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about a phoenix rising from the ashes?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post