Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What God has said about fllm
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What God has said about fllm
 Login/Join

posted
While reviewing the comments about the Passion of Christ, the Lord spoke to me. He said, "Didn't I tell you that my glory would cover the earth before my return." Then I had a knowing in my spirit that God had called chosen Mel Gibson to reach thousands of the lost through the very medium that most people think is controlled by satan. Thousands if not millions will be led to christ by this movie. I recommend that you take some of your non christian friends to the movie. Also if you know Mel Gibson, please send this message so that he may know that he is working for God. The man in the film reminds me so much of the Jesus that I saw coming home from school when a young girl. God is in this film. tell Gibson if you know him. I know what I am talking about.

Posts: 1 | Location: Lexington, Ky. Fayette | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posts: 69 | Location: Matthews, NC, USA | Registered: 20 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just last night I told Mel that very thing just before he kissed me goodnight. Oh wait a minute, that was just my fantasy life..... Darn!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Smith and Imskipper,

It's not difficult to be nice. Sometimes no response is the best response.

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Making a short comment here about saintpeg333.

If you look at her bio, on the info icon, you'll see she's serious person, interviewed on Tv, and booksignings in various bookstores, etc. What she said above was her simple message...of appreciation of the film Gibson has done and how she felt, thru the Holy Spirit, the message of Jesus Christ was being spread mightily.

( Now, I'd like to send this same delightful lady a copy of one of Ray Bradbury's wonderful short stories, and be curious of the "spirit" she saw in his prose....!! )

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posts: 69 | Location: Matthews, NC, USA | Registered: 20 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Smith,

Hellooo? Did you see my post above? I'm sure some respect for other points of view, including those you may find dis-similar to your own, would be appreciated.

Pete Terranova

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was not mocking that person, so spare me the lecture. I was actually poking fun at myself, if you look closely. And by the way, it's not Imskipper, it's lmskipper (as in L)

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 02-26-2004).]

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sarcastic, not sarcastic . . . has nothing to do with Ray. This board has been pretty good about two things:

(1) Respecting others' opinions, beliefs and feelings,

(2) Staying on topic with Ray.

I suggest we continue on in that high tradition.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lmskipper,

I stand corrected on both points. Please accept my apology.

Pete Terranova

posted Hide Post
No apology necessary, Pete, as I can actually understand why you thought that after looking over my original post. If you were a middle-aged woman (god I hate that phrase)like I am, you would understand about the whole Mel Gibson fantasy , but as Mr. Dark says, we are not sticking to the topic of our beloved Ray, so I will now cease commenting on my fantasy world!!

posted Hide Post
lmskipper,

Of course! Now that you've explained your post, it makes perfect sense. I'd say forgive me but I've already asked that and you've been kind enough to let me off the hook.

I'm sure Ray would've been as kind. (How's that for keeping the topic related to Bradbury? )

Pete

[This message has been edited by pterran (edited 02-26-2004).]

posted Hide Post

Posts: 31 | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i dont meen to sound rude, but saint peg is really creeping me out. REASON THE FIRST: the passion of the christ is a horribly anti semetic movie, and many of the people who saw it werent looking for spiritual anything, the just wanted to see the blood and gore. REASON THE SECOND: when she says to take non christian friends to the movie, doesnt that sound like she wants to convert us all?

PS. now that ive gotten that serious stuff out of the way, i would just like to say:

*snicker* HAHA! *snicker*

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ettil:

How can '''The Passion of the Christ''' possibly be an anti- semitic movie?

It was a dispute among the Jews.
About Jews.
Have you forgotten that is why Rome didn't want to get involved? They saw it
was Jews fighting amongst themselves

Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi.
His followers were Jews.
Many of the Jewish rabbis were against Jesus.

So now please tell me...I really want to know...how.. how can this possibly be anti-semitic ...when this all along is a Jewish problem within a Jewish context executed by Jews?

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 05-26-2004).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post