Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Dust Cover For "Farewell To Summer"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Dust Cover For "Farewell To Summer"
 Login/Join

posted
Say, I am not sure if many have seen this, but Ray sent this to me and it arrived today along with a couple of books I had sent to him to autograph. Pretty neat, huh?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

ImageFarewell_Summer_Dust_Jacket.jpg (264 Kb, 73 downloads)

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is another note he sent as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

ImageNote_From_Ray-April_29,_'06.jpg (221 Kb, 44 downloads)

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is another page from the promotional piece that Ray sent and I received today.

ImagePromotion_Piece-Farewell_Summer.jpg (262 Kb, 45 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Biplane! Stunning, thanks for sharing yet again!! Did Ray draw those red flames on 451, looks like he did. You are so lucky to have such a close bond with the man!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes he did, he even drew a figure on the return envelope. Perhaps I can post that as well. I just scanned this in so I can attach it.

He also signed my "The Cat's Pajamas" and drew a cat inside just like the ones on the cover.

ImageIllustration_on_Return_Envelope.jpg (184 Kb, 38 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Amazon still has no image for “Farewell Summer” so thanks to biplane1 we must be the first to get a peek at it. How excellent is this?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How Great! Thank you so much!!!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So!
Biplane!
I've had a very difficult week or two; problems at work, sickness at home, car trouble, and various other adversities... And now, first thing this morning, I get to add extreme ENVY to my list!

(thanks for posting these anyway, you lucky so-and-so!)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II, I am so sorry to have caused further distress upon your life. And I hope that I am not coming across to all the readers of the board's posts as posting these items to cause envy. That certainly is not my purpose, but to share with you all what I learn or feel might be of interest to the board in general.

But to think that it has been 39 years that I have been corresponding with Ray, so I suppose over the years I have developed a rapport with him. I am fortunate to have developed this and I certainly do not take it lightly.

posted Hide Post
Braling II, hope things improve for you, as I know they will. Had my share of those weeks where everything's a challenge.

Biplane I, as always, many thanks for letting us look over your shoulder and listen in. I enjoy hearing anything and everything about Ray, and your unique perspective is always welcome. The cover really looks great. Somewhere around here I read that "Farewell, Summer" will complete a trilogy that starts with "Dandelion Wine" and ends with "Something Wicked This Way Comes." Wow--I have to wait until when to get this book??

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ravenswake, thank you for your kind words. I believe, and this came from Ray himself, that the publication date is October, Ray's favorite time of the year.

posted Hide Post
biplane1,

I'm so glad you mastered the use of that scanner! Excellent posts!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil,

The scanner seems to be doing a good job. I am glad that I can share various things with the board members. And I am always happy to take a peek at the items others have scanned in.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, biplane, for the sneak peek at the Farewell Summer cover and the other goodies. I'm going to be worked into a fever to read this book by October, Heck, I'm worked up into a fever about it right now. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're welcome!