Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    On This Day in History
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On This Day in History
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
My favourite Christian apologist, C. S. Lewis, Anglican and brilliant man, died this day - 11/22/1963.

Also, Aldous Huxley, and it seems like there was one more...

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
75th Anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack which brought the United States into the Second World War.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fifty years ago today, this wonderful programme premiered on telly.

Number Six: Where am I?
Number Two: In the Village.
Number Six: What do you want?
Number Two: Information.
Number Six: Whose side are you on?
Number Two: That would be telling. We want information… information… information.
Number Six: You won't get it.
Number Two: By hook or by crook, we will.
Number Six: Who are you?
Number Two: The new Number Two.
Number Six: Who is Number One?
Number Two: You are Number Six.
Number Six: I am not a number! I am a free man!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt reminded me:

On this day in 1964, The Twilight Zone aired its series finale: The Bewitchin' Pool, written by Mr B's friend Earl Hamner.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
June 23, 2013: Richard Matheson passed.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
September 8, 1966: a new TV series called STAR TREK premieres on NBC. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Posts: 2455 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.history.com/news/v-e-day-around-the-world

Bless all of those who served and supported throughout the Greatest Generation!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said, fjp451, so we never forget their courage and sacrifice! Thanks for posting this.

posted Hide Post
On this date in 2012, May 20, actor Kirk Douglas was awarded the Ray Bradbury Creativity Award at Woodbury University in Burbank, California. Mr. Douglas was introduced by George Schlatter, the producer of the famous comedy TV series ROWAN & MARTIN'S LAUGH-IN. And the Award itself was presented to Mr. Douglas by Ray's friend, actress Bo Derek. (Ray was unable to attend due to his ill health.) To view that presentation ceremony, just click on the link below:

https://vimeo.com/43787466