This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1001093901/m/9897043806

05 June 2013, 01:24 PM
dandelion
On This Day in History
Sad first anniversary today. RIP Ray.
05 June 2013, 01:59 PM
philnic
Indeed. But he's well on his way to living forever, with all the celebratory things which have happened over the last year (and continue to happen).

Onward!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
06 June 2013, 07:52 AM
fjp451
http://www.dday-overlord.com/eng/normandy_landing.htm

Lest We Forget!

Peace.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,
06 June 2013, 10:14 PM
Braling II
Indeed. Thanks, Butch.
07 June 2013, 02:02 AM
dandelion
1968: RIP RFK, 45 years.
09 June 2013, 07:35 AM
jkt
1934: Donald Duck made his debut in the cartoon The Wise Little Hen.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
13 June 2013, 06:27 AM
Linnl
Born 1865, poet William Butler Yeats .

Ray Bradbury cites Yeats as a inspirational source for at least two of his own works, the title of the short story collection The Golden Apples of the Sun ( Yeats poem 'The Song of Wandering Aengus') , and his poem 'Of What Is Past, Or Passing, Or To Come' (Yeats poem 'Sailing to Byzantium') .
08 July 2013, 08:15 PM
Doug Spaulding
Happy anniversary, Martians!

Read all about it!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"
08 July 2013, 10:37 PM
philnic
...and did you see the Google Doodle yesterday? A little game with Roswell aliens!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
10 July 2013, 04:55 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
...and did you see the Google Doodle yesterday? A little game with Roswell aliens!

I was unable to help the little alien find the spaceship. I am useless with tech junk like games.

"Live Forever!"
11 July 2013, 02:43 PM
philnic
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...I was unable to help the little alien find the spaceship...

Frowner

- Phil

23 July 2013, 05:59 PM
jkt
1829: The first practical typographer (typewriter) was patented by William Burt

John King Tarpinian
06 August 2013, 09:32 PM
Doug Spaulding
6th August 1973. Stevie Wonder nearly dies in a horrible car accident. I'm glad we didn't lose him.

"I would like to believe in reincarnation. I would like to believe that there is another life. I think that sometimes your consciousness can happen on this earth a second time around. For me, I wrote Higher Ground even before the accident. But something must have been telling me that something was going to happen to make me aware of a lot of things and to get myself together. This is like my second chance for life, to do something or to do more, and to value the fact that I am alive."

~ Stevie Wonder

"Live Forever!"
13 August 2013, 04:54 PM
jkt
Died 1946: H. G. Wells

John King Tarpinian
15 August 2013, 04:55 PM
Doug Spaulding
On 15 August 1961, Conrad Schumann was sent to guard the Berlin Wall on its third day of construction. At that time, the wall was only a low barbed wire fence. From the other side, West Germans shouted to him, "Komm' rĂ¼ber!" ("Come over!"), and a police car pulled up to wait for him. Schumann jumped over the barbed wire fence and was promptly driven away from the scene by the West Berlin police.

"Live Forever!"