Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Father Electrico
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father Electrico
 Login/Join

posted
Mr. B was the special guest at a reception in a private home this morning. At this event, Christopher Slatoff presented him with a sculpture. He called it a pieta of Ray's father, as the Illustrated Man, carrying a young Ray with 3D tattoos on Father Electrico's back. Being that this was in a private residence, I did not bring my camera so these are low-resolution cell phone pictures. I may have been the only person in attendance who did not have a camera. I hope that somebody will email me better images for postings.

The final sculpture will be over 7-feet tall and in bronze. A final place for the sculpture is still in the works.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageFatherElectricoCrop.jpg (112 Kb, 50 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt: Google 'Christopher Slatoff' and you'll see the Christian sculptures he's done for Churches in Southern California. He must have an enduring love of Ray's work to take on such a definitive project. And such a marvelous depiction he has chosen!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
jkt: Google 'Christopher Slatoff' and you'll see the Christian sculptures he's done for Churches in Southern California. He must have an enduring love of Ray's work to take on such a definitive project. And such a marvelous depiction he has chosen!

His website is slatoffsculpture.com

Nard: You'd have really enjoyed this event.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had promised better photos of Father Electrico.

John King Tarpinian

ImageFatherElectrico_01.JPG (80 Kb, 32 downloads) Back

posted Hide Post
Thigh

John King Tarpinian

ImageFatherElectrico_02.JPG (76 Kb, 30 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Ankle

John King Tarpinian

ImageFatherElectrico_03.JPG (58 Kb, 30 downloads)

posted Hide Post
At the birthday, Christopher approached us about perhaps shooting a documentary on his project - thanks jkt for that connection.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thigh is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Thigh is a good word.

Hind-quarter would have been better? Gluteus Maximus sounds more like a Greek statue. ;-}

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Hind-quarter would have been better?

Hind-quarter is a good word/term.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Gluteus Maximus sounds more like a Greek statue.

Third funniest thing I've heard in awhile!

(I don't know - that George Clayton Thomas thing was pretty good)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Shank!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Callipygian?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Gluteus Maximus sounds more like a Greek statue.

Third funniest thing I've heard in awhile!

(I don't know - that George Clayton Thomas thing was pretty good)

What can I say? I was a fan of Blood, Sweat and Tears. Smiler

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
According to Ray Bradbury's description, I understand that Mr. Electrico was a defrocked Presbyterian minister. Does anyone know why this Mr. Electrico was thrown out of the Presbyterian priesthood?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post