Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Father Electrico
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father Electrico
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Iget a "You must log in to see this page" message.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks.

I bow to technology - never could figure it out.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still get the log-in message with that new link. Maybe it's created a public photo album that's viewable by any Facebook user (as opposed to a private album where you can restrict which Facebook users can see it).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, it specifically says that it's viewable to non Facebook users, as well.

Clearly we have a technical problem, so belay my last.

Everyone return to your homes and places of business - nothing more to see here.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris Slatoff just emailed me this:

John, here is a link to an online review of the sculpture,

Chris

Begin forwarded message:

Dear Mr. Slatoff,
I had the pleasure of meeting you more than a year ago at the Salon of Dr. King concerning the library in Alexandria, Egypt.
It is a very small world. I was writing an article about the Pasadena Symphony and was invited to the home of Elaine and Peter Adams who gave me a tour that included your stunning sculpture, Fr. Electrico.
I wrote a review of the American Legacy Fine Arts Gallery, in which your inspiring sculpture is the focal point.

My deepest congratulations.
Your work is a masterpiece.

With deepest respect,
Leticia Marie Sanchez
Editor-in-Chief
Cultural Cocktail Hour

Nice review, Chris! "Fr Electrico", about which we are making a documentary, has received quite a write-up here.

This is beautiful.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Chris Slatoff just emailed me this:

John, here is a link to an online review of the sculpture,

Chris

Begin forwarded message:

Dear Mr. Slatoff,
I had the pleasure of meeting you more than a year ago at the Salon of Dr. King concerning the library in Alexandria, Egypt.
It is a very small world. I was writing an article about the Pasadena Symphony and was invited to the home of Elaine and Peter Adams who gave me a tour that included your stunning sculpture, Fr. Electrico.
I wrote a review of the American Legacy Fine Arts Gallery, in which your inspiring sculpture is the focal point.

My deepest congratulations.
Your work is a masterpiece.

With deepest respect,
Leticia Marie Sanchez
Editor-in-Chief
Cultural Cocktail Hour

Nice review, Chris! "Fr Electrico", about which we are making a documentary, has received quite a write-up here.

This is beautiful.

And that praise is for the 3' statute. The 8' is all the more impressive.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I chatted briefly with Leticia this evening and mentioned the larger version.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Alan Neal Hubbs, in-house producer for Ray's Pandemonium Theatre Company, took a pilgrimage to see the 8 foot statue, just before it was to be prepared for bronzing. He was so awestruck with the work of art that he has asked to use a photo of just the right shoulder as artwork for the next play production, Yestermorrow.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Alan Neal Hubbs, in-house producer for Ray's Pandemonium Theatre Company, took a pilgrimage to see the 8 foot statue, just before it was to be prepared for bronzing. He was so awestruck with the work of art that he has asked to use a photo of just the right shoulder as artwork for the next play production, Yestermorrow.

That's what Chris was telling me - you will save me a programme, no doubt?

Pray, tell me Cathy was there with camera for anything important - my camera arm does not extend 2,678 miles!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Chris Slatoff, who tells me that the final piece of casting is scheduled to be done possible late April/early May at a party in LA! I told him that I would try my best to be there for it.

He spoke poetically of how the bronze would pour into the mold not unlike the pouring of the sun. I told him that just this week I read a story which struck me with a similar vision: The Golden Apples of the Sun.

"The cup dipped into the sun. It scooped up a bit of the flesh of God, the blood of the universe, the blazing thought, the blinding philosophy that set out and mothered a galaxy, that idled and swept planets in their fields and summoned or laid to rest lives and livelihoods."

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I plan to be here Saturday to film for the FR ELECTRICO documentary.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
In anyone of you Bradbury fans would like to attend the "it's finally done!" party for the Ray-inspired bronze piece Fr Electrico in Glendale this Saturday night from 6-9pm, please let me know. Yes, it will be catered.

Also, see here.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Magnificent! We have shared in the process of this for several year, it seems. To have the work of art completed is a wonderful accomplishment for all involved, especially Christopher Slatoff and Mr. Bradbury and their families. Congratulations.

Thanks for keeping us in the know of this, all along the way, Doug! Good luck on the filming.

The explanation which is within "here" is an absolute Must Read!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night was the unveiling party. It was a lovely event. Doug Spaulding is doing the documentary for the artist, Christopher Slatoff, and Ray so I'll let him post some of the photos from last night. The evening was attended by many of Ray's fans and close friends. A gaggle of Ray's theatrical actors were in attendance. Even Captain Beatty made an appearance. Of course, the majority of the attendees were true patrons of the arts.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
jkt, and Mr. B was on hand?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post