Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Father Electrico
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father Electrico
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Sadly you are correct on only one account.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Last night was the unveiling party. It was a lovely event. Doug Spaulding is doing the documentary for the artist, Christopher Slatoff, and Ray so I'll let him post some of the photos from last night. The evening was attended by many of Ray's fans and close friends. A gaggle of Ray's theatrical actors were in attendance. Even Captain Beatty made an appearance. Of course, the majority of the attendees were true patrons of the arts.

Gaggle is a good word. Now, see here! And be sure to let me know if you can't see there. But I think you can. At least you should be able to.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Video.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An extraordinary work of art!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Doug. It's almost like being there! (But nothing like Being There...)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always wanted to see the sequel: Being There Dr. Stangelove.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A proper unveiling for the statue!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
A proper unveiling for the statue!

YAY!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
At the birthday, Christopher approached us about perhaps shooting a documentary on his project - thanks jkt for that connection.

...and nine years later, we're done! Practically. I directed the final cut today and I think you're in for a treat. It looks great! My editor will be making some tweaks this week and it'll be ready for the score. I've written all the music, it's just a matter of getting it recorded and cut into the film and it'll be ready for entry into film festivals. Hopefully we can get an award or two and have it screened in a few festivals. Trailer coming soon.

https://www.facebook.com/FatherElectrico/

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
And the trailer is done!

The film is done, too. The score has been recorded, but now it has to be laid down on the film. That will be done in a few weeks.

Visit me for more information on this and other project, and stop by the film's social media page for even more!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Complete! Watched it tonight with the score in place for the first time ever! It's a beautiful thing. I think you're going to like it.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gluteus Maximus sounds more like a Greek statue.

Third funniest thing I've heard in awhile!

(I don't know - that George Clayton Thomas thing was pretty good)

What can I say? I was a fan of Blood, Sweat and Tears. Smiler

A decade later and I'm still laughing about George Clayton Thomas.

In other news, the documentary is done! Ten years in the making! (Mostly waiting for Chris to finish.) It's a thing of beauty, if I do say so.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
From the back of the DVD/Blu-ray. I hope to post an image of the entire cover in a few days.

Go here and like us, if you please.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Why not pick up a copy today?!

"Live Forever!"