Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Father Electrico
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father Electrico
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I've made inquiries with the Presbyterian Historical Society, but it would really help if we had his name or at least the date and place when this occurred.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:

Date and time has been established. Been noted on earlier postings elsewhere. As well as the name of the traveling carnival. In fact, info says there were two of them at the same time in Waukegan. The one with Mr. Electrico seems to be the one of ... less repute.

As to the actual name of one Mr. Electrico, alas, there's the rub!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr B saw the compleated clay version of the statue yesterday afternoon at 4pm at the artist's studio. A fun time was had by all (cheese and wine).

Photos soon.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Mr B saw the compleated clay version of the statue yesterday afternoon at 4pm at the artist's studio. A fun time was had by all (cheese and wine).

Photos soon.

And a random fire inspection happened while Mr. B was there. Talk about fate...and two delighted firemen.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
And a random fire inspection happened while Mr. B was there. Talk about fate...and two delighted firemen.

And don't forget the birds (I don't think your shirt cuff will ever forget the birds).

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And don't forget the birds (I don't think your shirt cuff will ever forget the birds).

The sport coat is already at the cleaners.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gold Medal, anyone?

The California Art Club just awarded Christopher Slatoff one for his miniature of Fr Electrico.

It's on display through Sunday here in Pasadena.

We may go round Sunday at 1pm to get some footage for the Electrico documentary.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Gold Medal, anyone?

The California Art Club just awarded Christopher Slatoff one for his miniature of Fr Electrico.

It's on display through Sunday here in Pasadena.

We may go round Sunday at 1pm to get some footage for the Electrico documentary.

I'll be taking that five mile drive on Friday morning to view this 3 foot (1 meter) "miniature." Once one has seen the over 8' (3 meter) version you'll know why Doug used the word.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Unveiling party was Saturday night.

Photos.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I invited Irvin Kershner to see the statue, and he was very keen on doing so.

We picked him up Sunday morning and drove him over. He loved it. The first word he said when entering the studio? Pieta!

He is very well-versed in good art, too.

Then back to his house for lunch.

Photos (of the art, not the lunch).

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
More photos.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hey Doug, that link doesn't work. Not for me, anyhow.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Hey Doug, that link doesn't work. Not for me, anyhow.

Very curious. I tested the link just after posting it.

Anyone else having problems?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug, I'm on a different computer now (and on a different network). From where I am now, the link at least brings me to a Facebook page, but it expects me to log in. (And since I don't have a Facebook account (and nor do I want one), I can't access the pics.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
...the link at least brings me to a Facebook page, but it expects me to log in.

Curiouser and curiouser.

It's supposed to take you to a public photo album on my Facebook page, which you are supposed to be able to see freely, member or not.

There - I've just tested it again, whilst logged out of Facebook, and it takes me directly to the free photo album.

Pray retry putting this link directly in the browser: http://www.facebook.com/inbox/....php?t=1089154594206

Technology!

"Live Forever!"