Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
A little bit of bragging here but I got invited to a lecture next Thursday by Leonard Nimoy.

Wonderful! In February of '09, I managed to attend his lecture at University of Alabama in Birmingham. Highly enjoyable. He spoke about his lifelong interest and passion for photography, and a preview of one of his most recent projects SECRET SELVES.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot Star Trek premiered on my birthday!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A little bit of bragging here but I got invited to a lecture next Thursday by Leonard Nimoy.

I gave George a call earlier today and he did not realize the date was today. Wished him happy anniversary he thought I meant his 59 year marriage... (silly man)

Well, one must keep things in perspective.

So you got me a ticket to Leonard, too, no?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
STAR TREK Lives!

I gave George a call earlier today and he did not realize the date was today. Wished him happy anniversary he thought I meant his 59 year marriage... (silly man)

ANYONE is to be commended on a 59-year marriage whether it's their anniversary or not! Is his near the anniversary of the show?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
I forgot Star Trek premiered on my birthday!

Happy birthday. The show premiered just before I turned five, at which time I was still in nursery school.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I was 10 when it premiered, I wish I could remember that day better, I do remember which episode it was. We watched it religiously for three years until it was canceled. Always been a fan.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to admit but George's son answered the phone when I called and I could hear background noise. George usually answers his own phone.

George's son and I went to high school together...but we did not know each other back then.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jon Hendricks!
(Friday)
Pioneer in "vocalese" 90 and going strong!

http://online.wsj.com/article/...568683750472352.html

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 64 to my colleague, Steve King!

(I can say that because I produced one of his films.) Big Grin

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kermit's Day: Jim Henson's 75th

Born 1896: F. Scott Fitzgerald

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 76, Killer!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A man that was instrumental in getting a young writer published in a mainstream magazine.

Born 1924: Truman Capote

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Mr. Capote, a childhood friend of Harper Lee and the personality behind the character of Dill Harris in TKAM.

Before the day goes by, Buddy Rich born 1917, American drummer extraordinaire:
Enjoy the beats ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otKKwKem570

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two Greats, one still rocking and one gone from us far too soon!

Chubby (Ernest Evans) Checker ~ 1941:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbK0C9AYMd8

Stephen Ray "Stevie Ray" Vaughan ~ 1954 – 1990:
For you Blues fans, a very early SRV interview with some clips from his later years:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...YgXE&feature=related