Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy 89, Dick!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Happy 89, Dick!

Sweet!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Chas!

Addams is a good word.

I have this very book, amongst others. It's terrific, and if you don't have a copy, I recommend it highly.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elvis Presley (Yea)! = 80 today! Smiler Cool Big Grin

Kim Jong Un (Boo)! Razzer Mad Frowner

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8/22/03 "I should be in charge!" . . . about 5+ minutes in. Great Stuff!

(He would have been an interesting social leader. True words spoken, however, are not what win votes.)

This is a tremendous site for public access info.
https://archive.org/details/Sc...-bradbury082203694-3

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday William Shatner!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's birthday boy was also a buddy of Ray's, born 07/07/07, Robert A. Heinlein

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to the only Beatle to meet Ray Bradbury!

posted Hide Post
Didn't know that! Good lad, Ringo.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 86, George!

Happy 93, Earl!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mr. Bradbury! My grandparents John and Vi Joyce lived at 103 S. St. James St. on the corner of Water and St. James. My grandfather was born in the house in 1900 they raised my mother there also (born in 1931).For the life of me, I cannot recall the Bradbury home this site describes. Are plans still formulating for a Ray Bradbury event at the Wkgn. Park this Aug. 2015? I continue to live close by.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10 July 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Didn't know that! Good lad, Ringo.

Have had a soft spot for Ringo ever since Ray told me he was so excited on meeting him he began to run, tripped over a chair, and was somewhat injured!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C:
For the life of me, I cannot recall the Bradbury home this site describes.

Ray's parents' house was at 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town. Ray's grandparents' house was next door (to the north) on Washington. 637, I believe, on the corner.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Happy 95th birthday, Ray Bradbury!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheers! to the magician of metaphors and a genre of writing himself.

Happy Birthday Ray Bradbury!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post