Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
George Harrison will be upset that he didn't make the list.

...Isn't it a pity...Isn't it a shame...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
George Harrison will be upset that he didn't make the list.

...Isn't it a pity...Isn't it a shame...

George, Paul and John would have been the very next three on my list, but I could only pick four...

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert Louis Stevenson, Born 1850

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"When his father died in 1887, Stevenson felt free to follow the advice of his physician to try a complete change of climate, and he started with his mother and family for Colorado. But after landing in New York, they decided to spend the winter at Saranac Lake, New York, in the Adirondacks at a cure cottage now known as Stevenson Cottage. During the intensely cold winter Stevenson wrote some of his best essays, including Pulvis et Umbra, began The Master of Ballantrae..."

(Less than a two hours journey, as the crow flies toward the near eastern mountains.)

Great late night reading for a youth with adventure pulsing in his veins, "Jim," says he, "I reckon we're fouled, you and me, and we'll have to sign articles. I'd have had you but for that there lurch, but I don't have no luck, not I; and I reckon I'll have to strike, which comes hard, you see, for a master mariner to a ship's younker like you, Jim."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Boris!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A fine musician but more of the silent type...

Born 1888: Harpo Marx (comedian & actor)

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Uncle 4E!

What a great monster he was!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Happy birthday, Uncle 4E!

Anybody else going to House of Pies for lunch with their copy of Famous Monsters to read?

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Imagine, a house made of pies!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Imagine, a house made of pies!

Better than having lunch at House of Cards. Smiler

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Seattle's Best was NOT coffee:

Born 1942: Jimi Hendrix

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Right, jkt! One of a kind!

Jimi was to music as Ray was to writing. Everlasting colors, images, emotions! Earthy and yet absolutely out of this world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...bfBc&feature=related

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to my friend Joe Dante!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Born 1898: C. S. Lewis

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Mark Twain: 1835

John King Tarpinian