Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy 92nd birthday to the brilliant writer of such classic novels as THE SHRINKING MAN, I AM LEGEND, SOMEWHERE IN TIME, WHAT DREAMS MAY COME and THE BEARDLESS WARRIORS, as well as the script for the made-for-TV film DUEL (and the short story on which it was based); the author of arguably the finest episodes of THE TWILIGHT ZONE; and Ray Bradbury's long-time good friend, the late Richard Matheson. He is sorely missed!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Matheson

Posts: 2453 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Irvin Kershner! Born on this date in 1923.

Kersh and me at a Bradbury play. Back around '08, so probably Fahrenheit 451, altho I disremember.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Sir Alfred Hitchcock!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also two of my favorite 1970s TV stars, Kevin Tighe and Danny Bonaduce.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 98th birthday to my favorite writer, and one of my favorite people, Ray Bradbury. I, along with so many others, miss him very much.

posted Hide Post
I think of him every day, Dandelion.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I think of him every day, Dandelion.

I did, and do, habitually for the last 43 years, but until 2012 I encouraged myself with it. Now I try to change my train of thought often because it's too painful, but then still fondly recollect something or other.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 84th birthday to one of the world's truly great actresses, Dame Maggie Smith. Fantasy film fans may remember Miss Smith for her roles in Ray Harryhausen's film, CLASH OF THE TITANS, and the Harry Potter films, but among her other great films are THE PRIME OF MISS JEAN BRODIE and TRAVELS WITH MY AUNT. In 1997, I had the great privilege of seeing Miss Smith on the stage in London's West End in Edward Albee's A DELICATE BALANCE, in which she gave a wonderful performance.

posted Hide Post
That is totally freaky! I was just thinking of her! I may be developing psychic powers!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
That is totally freaky! I was just thinking of her! I may be developing psychic powers!

Well, don't think her deceased! Remember what happened last time.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

Well, don't think her deceased! Remember what happened last time.

I only thought about her a little, not enough to hurt.

posted Hide Post
Happy 99th birthday to Robert Madle, born on June 2,1920 and still going strong. Mr. Madle is one of science fiction and fantasy's best known booksellers, is a member of First Fandom and, as a young man, published one of the best fanzines, FANTASCIENCE DIGEST, from 1937 to 1941. FANTASCIENCE DIGEST featured contributions by a number of fellow fans who would go on to be accomplished writers, including Mr. Madle's friend Ray Bradbury. The photo which can be accessed by the link below has been posted on this forum before, but it is well worth showing again for any late-comers. The photo was taken on July 4, 1939 at Coney Island, during the very first World Science Fiction Convention in New York City, and shows several attending fans. Mr. Madle is in the top row, second from the left. And at the right end of the top row, looking very tan, is 18-year-old Ray Bradbury:

http://www.fanac.org/photohtm....rldcon/NYcon/w39-050

posted Hide Post
Happy 109th birthday to John W. Campbell, noted science fiction editor and author, and considered by many to be the father of modern science fiction. The late Mr. Campbell was born on this date, June 8th, in 1910.

posted Hide Post
Happy 99th birthday to my favorite writer, and one of my favorite people, Ray Bradbury. He is sorely missed.

posted Hide Post
To the kid who loved Buck Rogers, and to the man who loved Shaw and life, and space, and writing...Happy Birthday!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post