Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...the 60s era apartment building that sits just behind Musso's was L. Frank Baum's last residence...

Musso and L.Frank's!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Ray Bradbury! I love you, Mr B.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...the 60s era apartment building that sits just behind Musso's was L. Frank Baum's last residence...

Musso and L.Frank's!

Such an Oz pairing.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Ray! My favorite human companion and I are celebrating the day with a Costco pumpkin pie and a glass of Merlot in your memory and in honor of her 49th birthday today. We miss you!

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to the Greatest Metaphor Collector!

I celebrated by catching a special showing of Singin' in the Rain! Just wonderful! I didn't want it to end!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I worked on my tribute statue and posted an album. Was working on a piece for it at the moment I heard the news announcement about them naming the landing site for him.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 78, Barbara Eden! Still gorgeous after all these years.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Marc Zicree!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:

He was on Coast to Coast with George Norry several evenings ago. He always offers an interesting interview on many topics TZ, SF, Star Trek, and 60-70's culture.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And happy birthday, Elvis Costello! (He's just five days younger than me.)

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
quote:

He was on Coast to Coast with George Norry several evenings ago.

I was with George and Marc at a function recently. Entertaining duo.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
And happy birthday, Elvis Costello! (He's just five days younger than me.)

My favourite singer named Elvis!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

His STAR TREKs are among the best!

----------------------------------------------

Minnesota Public Radio has aired a 2000 lecture (54 min.) by Ray Bradbury. Available to listen here:
http://minnesota.publicradio.o...2/mpr_news_presents/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted:

He was at the birthday bash today.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Happy belated birthday, Ray, I miss you.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post