Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy 88, Stan Freberg!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alfred Hitchcock, the greatest film director of them all. Born 13/8/1899.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the very next day, I gather, is the birthday of Alma Reville Hitchcock, the greatest film director's wife of them all! By all accounts, she had a great mind for story, and was Alfred's best collaborator.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
And the very next day, I gather, is the birthday of Alma Reville Hitchcock, the greatest film director's wife of them all! By all accounts, she had a great mind for story, and was Alfred's best collaborator.

I like that the British gather.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, actors from two of my favorite '70s series, Kevin Tighe of Emergency! and Danny Bonaduce of The Partridge Family each celebrate a birthday today.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion,

Thanks to you I just sent Kevin a Happy Birthday text.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kewl, you text with Kev!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...I like that the British gather.

That's how we built an Empire...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 88 to Ray's friend and mine -Angus Scrimm!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
http://tammybruce.com/wp-conte...2/06/bradburyboy.jpg

Thanks, Mr. B ~ May "Bradbury Moments" fill everyone's day!!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Mr B would have been 94 today. That means it's just SIX years to go for the Bradbury Centenary! Better start making plans!

Actually, the one definite that I know of in relation to this is that the Indianapolis Public Library and the Center for Ray Bradbury Studies have agreed to have an annual Bradbury Lecture every year (in the week of RB's birthday) leading up to the centenary in 2020. Jon Eller delivered the first of these this week, and other speakers are planned for future years.

We should, all of us, make a pact to converge on Indianapolis for the 2020 lecture. If we should live that long, that is.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
We should, all of us, make a pact to converge on Indianapolis for the 2020 lecture. If we should live that long, that is.

Indeed, phil, perhaps followed by plenty of ice cream, lighting a fire balloon or two, and much discussion.

Ray Bradbury's sense of life endures and continues to refresh the day....and welcome the night.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spent the day listening to my Simon and Garfunkel set and this jumped out as being particularly appropriate for Ray, from "Kathy's Song" as written by Paul Simon.

"And so you see I have come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is you"

posted Hide Post
Drank from my Penny Lane mug and played Double Fantasy today. http://www.mprnews.org/story/2014/10/09/music

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Happy birthday to Ray's oldest daughter Susan Marguerite, born on this day in 1949!

Coming in a day late this year.