Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy 91st, Ray Harryhausen!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Born 1877: Hermann Hesse (author)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1940: Ringo Starr

SEVENTY-ONE YEAR OLD... Not possible!!!

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 83rd, Pat Hitchcock of Solvang, California.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1907: Robert A. Heinlein.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Born 1951: Anjelica Huston: who has been given the Ray Bradbury Creativity Award.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...Anjelica Huston: who has been given the Ray Bradbury Creativity Award...

..and who received an honorary degree from Galway University at the same time as Ray:

http://www.nuigalway.ie/filmschool/press.php?id=14

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched The Man Trap in honour of George Clayton Johnson, born July 10, 1929. Off to the birthday party soon!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Let us not forget another TZ alum...Earl Hamner, Jr. Earl won't be attending this year but has said he'll attend a public party next July 10th.

Some of today's guests will include Arlene Martel, who appeared in two TZs. She also was in the best of all the Outer Limits, the Demon with the Glass Hand with Robert Culp and written by Harlan Ellison. Then there was her role as Spock's betrothed, T'Pring in that Star Trek TV show.

Dennis Etchison and Marc Zicree are expected to join in the festivities.

Of course, there will be cake.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Some of today's guests will include Arlene Martel, who appeared in two TZs. She also was in the best of all the Outer Limits, the Demon with the Glass Hand with Robert Culp and written by Harlan Ellison. Then there was her role as Spock's betrothed, T'Pring in that Star Trek TV show.

She signed my Outer Limits DVD. I went by Ellison's on the way home:

quote:
Dennis Etchison and Marc Zicree are expected to join in the festivities.

(snicker) The key word being "expected".

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:

The Bewitchin' Pool, an Earl Hamner episode, I believe.

That's one of the longest URLs I've ever seen!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...I went by Ellison's on the way home...

That cactus needs a trim.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
That cactus needs a trim.

Compensating?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
No, just can't reach!

- Phil