Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
4E's birthday cake

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Image4e.jpg (236 Kb, 6 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John F. Kennedy Jr. would have been 53. RIP.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A dear friend of Ray's: Walt Disney, born on this day in 1901.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kirk Douglas, the last recipient of the Ray Bradbury Creativity Award, born 1916. Bo Derek stood in for Ray at the ceremony.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Mr. Douglas!

Right here in my hometown:
http://www.saintsathletics.com...hof=593&path=&kiosk=

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kirk Douglas, the would-be producer of Bradbury's 1950s TV series REPORT FROM SPACE... alas, unproduced.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Kirk Douglas, the last recipient of the Ray Bradbury Creativity Award, born 1916. Bo Derek stood in for Ray at the ceremony.

Indeed.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 88, Mr Van Dyke!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 88, Andy Griffith. Enjoy an episode or two of the greatest American sitcom ever produced.

And for those who think he was only likable Sheriff Taylor or good ole Ben Matlock, take a look at his finest performance, some of the best dramatic acting ever put on film, as Lonesome Rhodes descends into a power-mad dark night of the soul in the brilliant A FACE IN THE CROWD.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Happy 88, Andy Griffith. Enjoy an episode or two of the greatest American sitcom ever produced.

I scored the complete series off Craigslist a few months back. Does this show ever hold up! Griffith and Knotts are better than I remembered--just excellent. Interesting to watch the show evolve as Griffith eases back on the hayseed routine. Both underrated actors. I'll keep my eye out for A Face In The Crowd.

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skmckee:
I scored the complete series off Craigslist a few months back. Does this show ever hold up! Griffith and Knotts are better than I remembered--just excellent. Interesting to watch the show evolve as Griffith eases back on the hayseed routine. Both underrated actors. I'll keep my eye out for A Face In The Crowd.

Oh, it's wonderful! My favorite show ever. Their timing is brilliant and many of those scenes in which they're just sitting around talking about nothing having to do with the episode at hand were written by Andy and Don.

Classes could be taught at film school on how to create sitcoms using this show. The Van Dyke Show gets more critical acclaim in part, I think, because the Griffith Show is perceived as being a hayseed show in the vein of The Beverly Hillbillies, but it's light years ahead of that. The people who think that are just missing it.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Happy 110, Johnny!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Brian Wilson! In my opinion, the finest pop song ever written.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Lucy!

Happy birthday, Robert Mitchum! You were one of he creepiest villains ever in Charles Laughton's masterpiece, Night of the Hunter, one of my all-time favorite films.

"Live Forever!"