Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The Poe toaster (which I cannot fail to misread as poetaster (a perfectly crumulent word; look it up)) could be the plot of a Bradbury story.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dolly.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see Subteranean are to publish a new Ray Bradbury book in the fall titled "Nemo" iv`e pre ordered my copy now ,also PS publishing here in the UK anounced they are to publish a new one by Ray no title as yet and there is the prospect of the short story collection "Juggernaught" to look forward to should this take place things seem to be hotting up ,I hope Ray is in good health and still creating .Live forever Ray.

Posts: 26 | Location: Poole Dorset uk | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 70th birthday to the great Richie Havens.

Another favourite.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ernest Borgnine, who gets a reward in a few days.

Neil Diamond, 70 today.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Happy 183, Jules Verne!

James Dean, eighty.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
James Dean[/url], eighty.

Wow. Forever young.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carole King, 69. From one of the greatest albums of our time.

Joe Pesci, 68. Yute is a good word.

And there are several more famous birthdays today, but I'll leave those for someone else to discover and post.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
DS: JP's classic "yutes" exchange with the wonderful Fred Gwynne!
(Our boys love this play on the language.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLValMc9XjU&NR=1
*Pesci's selection of a "cloth suit" in the follow-up scene is just hilarious!

Mr. Gwynne, of course, starred in countless memorable characters, including RB's Any Friend of Nicholas Nickleby Is a Friend of Mine (1982).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001304/mediaindex

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
DS: JP's classic "yutes" exchange with the wonderful Fred Gwynne!

He sure is! He's always been one of my favourite actors.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Thanks to Mrs Lantry for doing the heavy lifting today: Thomas Edison (164), Sidney Sheldon (94), Eva Gabor (90), Leslie Nielsen (85), Tina Louise (77), Burt Reynolds (75) and Bobby "Boris" Pickett (73).

Don't you love copy and paste?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Happy 93, Patty Andrews!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Thanks to Mrs Lantry for doing the heavy lifting today: Thomas Edison (164), Sidney Sheldon (94), Eva Gabor (90), Leslie Nielsen (85), Tina Louise (77), Burt Reynolds (75) and Bobby "Boris" Pickett (73).

Don't you love copy and paste?

I believe Bobby "Boris" Pickett died last year?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I believe Bobby "Boris" Pickett died last year?

Yes, he did.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
He is legend: happy birthday Richard Matheson, 85 today.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post