Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Ozzy!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1857 - Joseph Conrad...whose Heart of Darkness strangely captured my imagination during an evening college literature class so many years ago. The professor of the course changed my life and its direction with his obvious passion for literature. His readings were always animated and in the moment of the the story. I took every course available from him before departing.

A few years ago I visited him at his home in the country (a fine, small cattle farm on a quiet, back road) to inform him it had been his fault I had become an English teacher, spending all of those years striving to be just a hint as effective as he had been. Our conversation that day moved to Mr. Bradbury and his many years of influences as well. F451 took up a good part of our literature exchanges, as I now recall!

So, thanks Misters Conrad, Bradbury, and Reid!!

“I don't like work--no man does--but I like what is in the work--the chance to find yourself. Your own reality--for yourself not for others--what no other man can ever know. They can only see the mere show, and never can tell what it really means.”

“...for there is nothing mysterious to a seaman unless it be the sea itself, which is the mistress of his existence...”

“We penetrated deeper and deeper into the heart of darkness”

“The horror! The horror!”

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Jeff Bridges!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uncle Walt:

Walt Disney. 1901

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Steven Wright!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Wally Cox!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
1910: Louis Prima

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Prima

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Born 1943: Jim Morrison

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Morrison

Along with Janis and Jimi passed at age 27.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Born 1943: Jim Morrison

Along with Janis and Jimi passed at age 27.
...Bad Mojo!!

Bradburyian - a la "Cecy!"

RE: "Little Wing" J. Hendrix

Well, she's walking through the clouds,
With a circus mind that's running wild,
Butterflies and Zebras,
And Moonbeams and fairy tales.
That's all she ever thinks about.
Riding with the wind.

When I'm sad, she comes to me,
With a thousand smiles she gives to me free.
It's alright, she says it's alright,
Take anything you want from me,
Anything.
Fly on little wing.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
December 16, 1928 – Philip K. Dick
December 16, 1917 – Arthur C. Clarke

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Born 1946: Steven Spielberg

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Frank Zappa, December 21, 1940

As long as the lights haven't gone out on us yet, might as well enjoy an extended musical journey' That's an Apostrophe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCcrNJ_AD6g

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Frank Zappa, December 21, 1940

As long as the lights haven't gone out on us yet, might as well enjoy an extended musical journey' That's an Apostrophe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCcrNJ_AD6g

Ray is at rest not far from Frank.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Stan Lee: A "comic" genius is 90

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...ns-90_n_2371345.html

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Bo knows best:

Born 1928: Bo Diddley

John King Tarpinian