Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
It's a cook book!

Well, now you've given away the ending!

He directed eight in all, I think.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 113, Hitch! You were The Master.

And a gentleman.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Happy 113, Hitch! You were The Master...

...which prompts this little teaser:

Who appeared in more Hitchcock films than any other performer?

The answer is here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Happy 113, Hitch! You were The Master...

...which prompts this little teaser:

Who appeared in more Hitchcock films than any other performer?

The answer is here.

I already knew the answer! I posted this bit over on my Facepage earlier today.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
...I posted this bit over on my Facepage earlier today.

Even better!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 100, Tarzan!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Happy 100, Tarzan!

Worthy of celebration on a stamp, I'd say.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
The not so little old lady from Pasadena: Julia Child. August 15, 1912 - August 13, 2004

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Happy 100, Tarzan!

Worthy of celebration on a stamp, I'd say.

Almost makes me want to drive to Tarzana and mail a letter!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
The not so little old lady from Pasadena: Julia Child. August 15, 1912 - August 13, 2004

She sure made a good hamburger!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Here is a fun ReMix of her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 86th birthday, Rory! I drove my friend Angus Scrimm to say goodbye to 4E when he was on his deathbed. On the way, he insisted on stopping by the Mayfair Market and picking up flowers and ice cream for him. A sweet man. I attended both 4E's and Alan Neal Hubbs' memorial services with him. He was the first person to truly scare me when I was a kid. His famous "Booooyyyy!" would be repeated all those years later by 4E himself, when he saw Angus and I walk in his bedroom on that early December night in 2008.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Things to do to honor Ray on what should have been his 92nd birthday tomorrow:

One can raise a glass of Merlot. Ray’s favorite beer was a brand called Coors. If you imbibe be sure to do what Ray did, drink one small bottle of Perrier for each can of beer.

If you are not a drinker and diabetes does not run in the family go get a pineapple malted. (If your local ice cream parlor does not have pineapple ice cream just have them make a vanilla malted and add a few scoops of pineapple topping used in a classic banana split.)

For an Italian meal, Ray loved a Caprese (Margherita) pizza and a chopped salad.

For a nice Indian meal Ray’s favorite was Mattar paneer, Mulligatawny soup, Chicken tikka masala & Papadums.

If you live-in or ever visit Los Angeles you must try a hickory burger from The Apple Pan, Pico at Westwood in West Los Angeles. Remove the lettuce and add bleu cheese crumbles between the buns. Add some sliced jalapeños, sliced raw onions and Fritos on the side as finger food. This may have been Ray’s all time favorite.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
...If you live-in or ever visit Los Angeles you must try a hickory burger from The Apple Pan, Pico at Westwood in West Los Angeles...

Done it! That leaves about five still to try...

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
...If you live-in or ever visit Los Angeles you must try a hickory burger from The Apple Pan, Pico at Westwood in West Los Angeles...

Done it! That leaves about five still to try...

If you can make it here on time I'll be having lunch at Musso & Frank's. This being the last place Ray and I broke bread on one of our many excursions.

(As an aside, the 60s era apartment building that sits just behind Musso's was L. Frank Baum's last residence. Not the apartment but his home used be there.)

John King Tarpinian