Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Born 1926: Harper Lee (a one hit wonder) (only kidding)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 104, Carl Laemmle.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Not if you know his attitude to birthdays and holidays, you won't!

I know it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 79, Willie!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
If Norman Corwin was still with us he'd be 102 today.

He was such a nice man, very humble considering his stature in radio.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peter "Pete" Seeger, born on this day in 1919!

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Born 1915: Orson Welles

As most of you know Orson was uncredited when he did the narration in King of Kings, words by Ray also without credit.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Peter "Pete" Seeger, born on this day in 1919!

Woody Guthrie has been gone so long I didn't realize he was only seven years older. Turns 100 this year, blessed with talent but not Seeger's great disposition and good health.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Born 1926: Don Rickles (one of the funniest men on the planet)

Decades ago he and Ray were both on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. After the show Ray expressed his disappointment that Rickles did not toss an insult his way. Rickles response was something like this, "I admire you work too much...you hockey puck." Ray was pleased.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Born 1926: Don Rickles (one of the funniest men on the planet)

Decades ago he and Ray were both on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. After the show Ray expressed his disappointment that Rickles did not toss an insult his way. Rickles response was something like this, "I admire you work too much...you hockey puck." Ray was pleased.

Good story - I think I'll pass it along to a few hundred friends.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Happy birthday you Englishter!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
According to Wikipedia, Bernard Fox is no English(t)er. He's from over the border in Wales!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
According to Wikipedia, Bernard Fox is no English(t)er. He's from over the border in Wales!

I know. You never saw this episode? It was from that I was quoting. He played an "Englishter" in this programme.

Look!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I never saw ANY episode. I don't believe we had that show in the UK. Even if we did (and I think we didn't, because we didn't get many US comedies in the early 60s - Dick van Dyke and Lucy were about all we got), I'd be too young to remember it.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I never saw ANY episode. I don't believe we had that show in the UK. Even if we did (and I think we didn't, because we didn't get many US comedies in the early 60s - Dick van Dyke and Lucy were about all we got), I'd be too young to remember it.

Well worth dot-coming! It's my favourite programme ever.

"Live Forever!"