Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
April 18, 1884 – Frank R. Paul

If you're looking for one man who defines pulp era SF, it's not Gernsback or Campbell, not Verne or Wells (in reprint), not Bradbury or Heinlein... it's Frank R. Paul.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FP...good manSmiler

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to my second-favorite silent film comedian!

-------

Happy 75, George Takei! Oh, my!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a classic!! Yeah...grab the ROPE! That will assure you of a safe outcome. Today's comedians have nothing on the original screen pioneers.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roy Orbison, born 23/4/1936. The greatest voice in rock and roll would be 76 tomorrow. This is one of his very best. Produced by my friend T Bone Burnett, here's The Voice in all its glory.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
William Shakespeare, born about this very day in the year 1564. Died on this very day in 1616.

-------

Happy 84, Shirley!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Born 1928: Shirley Temple Black)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
April 26, 1912 – A.E. van Vogt

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ulysses S. Grant, 1822 ~
Reminds me of "The Drummer Boy of Shiloh!"

posted Hide Post
May 27, 1934 – Harlan Ellison

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
May 27, 1934 – Harlan Ellison

Giving us advance notice, so we can go out and buy cards? [Not a wise move. He's not fond of such items!]

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actully, I goofed and looked at the wrong month. I'm getting old...but not as grumpy as Harlan.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Actully, I goofed and looked at the wrong month. I'm getting old...but not as grumpy as Harlan.

Will you ring him on his birthday? I'm thinking about it.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Not if you know his attitude to birthdays and holidays, you won't!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Listen to Phil, he is a wise professor.

John King Tarpinian